looking for sniper rifle

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by champo98, Oct 4, 2012.

1. champo98

champo98 New Member

I feel like a noob, but I"m looking for a sniper rifle. I am very interested in the m24 snow wolf platform. I am looking to spend about $150 in the base gun with a scope. (i really dont know what it is, but i dont like the look for the jg bar 10) I would eventualy like to be able to shoot ~500 fps with .28g bbs, and I know that wont be real easy.
    -the makers i have seen are:

Javelin $190 http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=7152

UK Arms $140 http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=8583

i know that the javelin is much more than the price, but if it is considerably better than any others, then i will consider it. I will probably use .25s or .28s for wind resistance, and to go through stronger brush a little better.
    - I will also be looking for a loadout to go with this, lite, hopefully molle, doesnt have to be high quality, but i would like to spend no more the $60 on that.
    - i will try to find pictures of my field so you guys know where i will be playing as far as camo.
    -if you can help me decide on a style of camo, i would be very happy too.
    -If anyone can help me with what type of upgrades to put in it, i would greatly appreciate it.
    links are very helpful!
    thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. BlackDragonAirsoft

BlackDragonAirsoft New Member

For the loadout, id suggest a condor rrv, with pistol mag pouches to hold the mags for your sniper.
    And i dont know anything about sniper rifles, so thats basically all the help i can give. Sorry :/

3. champo98

champo98 New Member

bump. i cant find anything on the snow wolf on here.

4. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    Ok, here's your options when it comes to spring M24 sniper rifles (not all of them, but the ones I know).

Your best option would be to find a Classic Army M24 in the classifieds here or elsewhere. You can probably get on used around your price. The next one is the Snow wolf/javelin M24, probably the next best option.
    When it comes to the UK arms M24, essentially your just buying an Echo 1 M28. The problems I have with the M28/UK arms is the proprietary parts they use. They don't take all standard VSR-10 parts, the ones I know that are interchangeable are the sears and maybe the inner barrel. In the M28/UK arms the piston and hopup are proprietary. And the stock piston WILL break in time. The good news here though is that "Ranger" (member of this forum) is currently making his own upgraded pistons.

Now I love to encourage people to buy bolties because they are a ton of fun, but in order for them to perform the way you wish you must upgrade them. This usually can be expensive. Were talking a lot of coin $$$.

So if your still up for it I'll summarize this for you (1st to 3rd).

1: Buy used Classic Army M24.
    The bolt uses APS2 upgrades and it's quality is outstanding. Some parts don't need to be upgraded in most cases (sears, hop up) and it already uses AEG cut barrels.

2: Snow Wolf/Javelin M24.
    Uses some APS2 upgrades, I'm not sure what exactly but I think its most likely the bolt assembly and sears.

3: UK arms/Echo One M28/24.
    Proprietary Piston and hopup. The stock piston WILL break. However Ranger is making replacments.

5. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    I wanna say the Snow Wolf is the Javelin M24 with a few different external features. Inside it's still a M24

btw the pics are of Combat City correct?

6. S1kkguy

S1kkguy New Member

London
    Depending on your budget really. Personally, if I were a sniper I'd be waiting for a RealSword SVD to come through the post. It's a bit expensive, but wellworth it as the externals are 2nd to none and shoots absolutely exquisite out the box.

Lesser budget, i'd say a CYMA one but heavy internal upgrades will be required. Very nice externals though.

7. BwKoolG3y

BwKoolG3y New Member

Im not really a sniper person, and I dont know my guns, but i know airsoftrc.com and airsoft station.com have some really good snipers for a discounted price.

8. BlueReaper46

BlueReaper46 New Member

I would suggest buying from a store like Airsoft GI, look there, and if you like L96's check out the WELL or UTG MK96.

9. champo98

champo98 New Member

Thanks guys, my birthday is coming up, so hopefully my budget will be boosted. And buster, yes that is combat city. Old pics I found on Facebook. I was originally drawn to the l96 style, but I realized how heavy they can be, and I was drawn to the military sniper (m24) but my friend saw an l96 on trinityairsoft.com and he said it was like $90 with scope, and that would leave me some money for needed upgrades if it shot fair out of the box. I will try and find it and get a link up here soon
    EDIT: never mind on that l96, its a double eagle at like 450 fps.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  10. BlueReaper46

BlueReaper46 New Member

L96's are polymer bodys that are hollow, so that arent overly heavy. The lowest priced L96 i have found that is compatible with Maruzen style upgrades, is the WELL MB01. It is about $145.

11. mikeshooter

mikeshooter New Member

The sniper you should get is the dragnov

12. BlueReaper46

BlueReaper46 New Member

For upgrading purposes, I do not believe this to be a good choice. Shifty's Dragunov is Upgraded, but most of the parts he had to have custom made. Go with a Clone VSR-10 or Type 96.

13. redlace88

redlace88 New Member

Inbox me, im selling a jg bar 10, 4x30 scope w/night assist.

14. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    @ redlace88

Clearly you didn't read champo98's first post. So I'll just remind you with this.

15. redlace88

redlace88 New Member

Well might be others on the thread looking. Cant figure out how to post under the selling classfield.

16. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    I think you need a certain amount of posts before you can.

17. redlace88

redlace88 New Member

Oh okay thats probably why.

18. champo98

champo98 New Member

i have a friend selling his UTG Gen 5 accushot sniper, with scope, $60, is that worth getting? completely stock, and needs some external loving. all i know is that it is the utg gen 5 accushot sniper in od green. not that color matters that much. and if i were to go with the L96 platform, what options do i have for upgradeable guns? thanks

19. redlace88

redlace88 New Member

The utg is a good gun, however my buddy has had two of them and both bolts had problems and so did the mag. Wasnt friendly to upgrade but its a good beginners gun

20. champo98

champo98 New Member

Yeah, let me guess, the bolt won't go down when it's up where it should be, front of the chamber. The TINY pins fall out very easily. And are not replaceable