Looking to get 480-500 FPS on kwa SR10

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by nsw448, Jun 20, 2015.

1. nsw448

nsw448 New Member

Hilliard
    So I want to try to get my stock KWA to around 500FPS. Pretty much trying to get as high as I can get without getting a fusion engine of sorts.

I am thinking I need to get a new Piston/Piston Head. Higher Torq motor? Spring. Bucking and Hopup.

So what are the best of those listed?

2. Baranor

Baranor New Member

North Pole
    Ho there! You forgot to list a vital component: someone to do YOUR research for you. I reccomend getting one of those first, that will work best. They are vital to your plans, it seems.

3. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

You'll have to replace 90% of the internals, the stock internals are too fragile to handle an M150 spring. Look through the 9001 DMR threads to get some ideas of which parts to use.

4. Rushin

Rushin Well-Known Member

Kalamazoo

If I wasn't on mobile, I'd like this so hard.

5. Bulldawg26

Bulldawg26 Active Member

Atlanta
    I don't recommend it but you can get FPS approaching 500 fps with a Guarder SP130 spring and a 6.03 TBB. The KWA hop up is a two piece design. You cannot replace it with a one piece hop unit. You definitely want to switch out the piston for a SHS 15T steel tooth piston and the piston head for SHS Super Shooter ported piston head. You'll have to go with a thinner bucking in the hop up unit because there isn't really enough room to put a madbull blue bucking in without cracking the unit. Prometheus Purple and G&G Greens are good. I personally like the PDI W-Hold. Much improved range and accuracy. You also want a high torque motor from Lonex or SHS.

BTW, why do you want and SR10 shooting 500 fps. I presume you want to build a DMR out of it. I have an SR10 and I like mine very much...but...I would probably use a different gun as a base for a DMR. Some parts (i.e. cylinder head, nozzle, hop up unit and cut off lever) are proprietary (at least to some extent). This can cause you problems down the road. I am especially concerned that you are going to get some compression loss and.or inconsistent shots using a two piece hop up unit in a DMR build. I'd do some more research before I got too deep in that build.

6. Bulldawg26

Bulldawg26 Active Member

Atlanta
    I would get an SHS, Lonex or SRC high torque motor over the Guarder. I've had two Guarder high torque motors smoke out on two low stress (@400 GPS) builds. The piston and piston head choices look good. Honestly, I wouldn't switch out the stock nozzle or cylinder head. If you do, you'll have to switch out the nozzle as well. I would switch out the cylinder for a Type 0. The systema cylinder head isn't going to work. You can go with the Systema spring but I don't think it is as powerful as the Guarder SP130. On top of that, I know the velocities that the Guarder spring can produce. You can get the spring from Airsoft Atlanta as well.

7. Rushin

Rushin Well-Known Member

Kalamazoo

Wouldn't he be overvoluming on a type 0?

I think I might recommend switching out the stock nozzle/CH combo just for better airseal, but I guess I'd check it before you buy anything.

EDIT: Whoops, my bad, thought this was the guy with the combat machine.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  8. Bulldawg26

Bulldawg26 Active Member

Atlanta
    The KWA guns that I own have always had good compression. I haven't had any problems with the stock cylinder head and nozzle. Op might get away with the stock Type 4/5 cylinder if he uses a Guarder SP130. If he uses a weaker spring with a stock barrel, he might need the type 0 cylinder to get his GPS up toward 500.

I agree that a type 0 cylinder would likely over volume the barrel of a combat machine. Like you, I would replace the cylinder head and nozzle in a CM. I'm not a fan of G&G stock internals anyway.

9. Rushin

Rushin Well-Known Member

Kalamazoo

I completely forgot about which thread I was posting in, my mistake! The overvoluming comment was also directed towards the Combat Machine. I believe the SR10 has the correct barrel length for a full cylinder. Carry on!

I agree, my F2K has terrible compression and seal with it's stock parts... For a $350 gun it's pretty embarrassing for G&G.

10. Bulldawg26

Bulldawg26 Active Member

Atlanta
    Thank you kind sir. No worries.