looking to get new sniper rifle

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by wallofmac, Nov 13, 2012.

1. wallofmac

wallofmac New Member

Calgary
    hi guys,
    im looking for a new sniper im pretty new and i want one between 300-380 fps with a good realiabilty, acuracy, bolt action, and able to equip sight and bipod

thanks really appreciatet :)

2. Valkyrie

Valkyrie New Member

How much are you willing to spend? Sniping is NOT cheap in airsoft and requires money in order to match with AEG's.

3. wallofmac

wallofmac New Member

Calgary
    im willing to spend around $150ish maybe higher thanks again

4. DRAGON64

DRAGON64 New Member

A JG BAR-10 will fit that price range and spec, and you might even run across an L96 platform that will satisfy at least the spec... might be a little pricier than the BAR-10 though. Both are nice. You will find that most people like the UTG over many other L96 clones... and for the BAR-10, some of us prefer the G-Spec.

Good luck with your search!

5. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    I highly recommend not getting a sniper especially with that price range. Like Valkyrie said before, you need a lot of money in order for a sniper to even compete against an AEG. It has to be upgraded. A lot. I would just recommend getting a JG or Dboys in that price range.

6. MercyZ

MercyZ New Member

If your planning to upgrade the internals, not that you have to, but the JG BAR 10 is a good base gun. Also the UTG L96 is a very popular Sniper, and there is one more that i cant remember all of the name, i think its called the VSR 10? If someone knows the Sniper Rifle I'm talking about, correct me if I'm wrong.

7. wallofmac

wallofmac New Member

Calgary
    everyone im trying to get one between 300-380 fps if thats posible

8. MercyZ

MercyZ New Member

That is possible, but you will probably have to do it yourself. Snipers don't usually shoot 380 fps in your price range.

9. DRAGON64

DRAGON64 New Member

The rifles mentioned will shoot that easy with .2's or .25's. Depending on how high the fps is on the rifle, you may end up using .3's or .36's on a rifle that shoots 300 - 380 with .2's. The heavier weight ammo will aid with accuracy.

10. Devgru98

Devgru98 New Member Supporting Member

Polo
    No offense to anyone but there hasn't really been any good advise given here, there's good base guns mentioned, yes. But he will have to upgrade to match a stock AEG in the same price range. OP, honestly you'd be better off getting a JG AEG and later on consider a sniper.

11. DRAGON64

DRAGON64 New Member

He was given the answers to the questions he asked... if he were comparing bolt action rifles to an AEG's in the same price range, then your advice would be relevant to the topic... otherwise it is not.

Most sniper rifle threads could benefit from posters remaining on topic instead of trying to stray the course... his questions were quite simple.

12. Devgru98

Polo
    I'm recommending what's best for his budget, he has $150, snipers in that price range will not be as good as an AEG in that price range. So tell me, what's the point in a sniper rifle if an AEG can outrange it? I would guess he is a new player, and sniping isn't recommended for new players. Say he were to buy a JG bar-10 he would need a new inner barrel, spring, other upgrades, ect to match a JG M4 or G36.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  13. DRAGON64

DRAGON64 New Member

This is an incorrect statement... see response below

It is an excellent starting point... Here is an example; I bought a TSD SD700 two years ago for $69. It is a VSR-10 clone. I have had one issue with it in two years... miss-loading the second bb. An easy fix. Can't shoot 300 - 380 fps in this price range... how about 450 fps? The SD700 can do it, and it is still available for $79:

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/TSD_Tactical_Series_SD700_Black/1440

Read the specs, 450 fps... and now the proof:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFOQL9OuBDw&feature=plcp[/ame]

How well does this cheap-butt rifle shoot...? Notice how easy the bolt cycles for a rifle that shoots 450 fps on .2's:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpR-WFKLxLM&feature=plcp[/ame]

Would I recomend the TSD SD700...? No... mine has been a good one, but that does not mean they are all good. Buying Chinese a cloned rifle is a crap shoot at best.

I gave the SD700 to my son, and he was target shooting in the back yard just this past weekend. I was amazed how well the bolt still cycles. Everything is still stock too... Maybe this particular SD700 happened to be one of the better clones. In reality, I believe the TSD SD700 is actually a WELL MB03...

Point is, there are plenty good bolt action rifles that will shoot his spec and fall in his price range... far be it from to tell him otherwise. I say have some fun with it.

14. Devgru98

Polo
    I don't need proof, I know about clone snipers and all that stuff. My point it if he buys a SD700 (why pyramid air?) for $80 plus a scope $30 plus a bi-pod $20 and some bbs, there's his budget. No money for upgrades. So your stuck with a bolt action rifle that can hardly be considered a sniper due to range and accuracy problems.

15. DRAGON64

DRAGON64 New Member

The proof was for MercyZ who stated that a rifle in such a price range could not shoot 300 - 380 fps... Why Pyramyd Air? Why not...? I just used them as an example, as their specs were spot on with my own tests...

What upgrades? If your rifle shoots hot, cycles nice, and is quite accurate right out of the box, then have fun with it. Save your money and add the upgrades as the parts wear out...

Listen, good points were made on both sides, so let's just agree to disagree... peace!

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  16. Devgru98

Polo
    I'm not trying to start anything, but we like to give people proper info on things around here. For backyard plinking it would be fine. Otherwise get an AEG OP

17. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    Hey now, if you were to scroll up I said almost the exact same thing that you did:)

18. Devgru98

Polo
    I'm aware of that I saw your posts

19. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    Alright, just making sure XD

20. MercyZ

MercyZ New Member

Sorry, i don't use cheap snipers so i don't know :(