Looking to start an IJA reenactment/skirmishing group

Discussion in 'New Jersey Airsoft Forum' started by tennoheikabanzai, Aug 1, 2017.

1. tennoheikabanzai

tennoheikabanzai New Member

Hello,

As the title says, I'm interested in starting an Imperial Japanese Army reenactment/ airsoft skirmishing group in the NJ/NY/PA where we would go to airsoft games in our full IJA kit, as well as educating people about the history behind it.

I know that there aren't a lot of IJA airsoft guns on the market right now, and the ones, like the Tanaka Type 99 fetch a price for about $1000, can be cost prohibitive. We can used the Type 38 which is about $250. There are other weapons that we could use as substitutes, or we could use existing ones and dress them up to look like WW2 era Japanese weapons.

If you are interested, please feel free to message me, or send me an email at [email protected]

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
  2. omegaic

omegaic Member Supporting Member

Hey, welcome to the forum! Where do you currently play?

3. DRK

DRK Member

westchester
    LOL and I'm selling my Tanaka type 38 due to lack of places to go. I've had the knee mortar for 10 years now.

Try the C&C field in Stanhope, I haven't seen any ija interest on the east coast before.

4. DRK

DRK Member

westchester
  5. tennoheikabanzai

Thank you!

I go with my friend to Stryker using a cheap m4 another friend gave me from time to time. I've been invited to go to Zulu in NY but I dont have a good enough airsoft gun to go there. The M4 has about 150 FPS max.

6. omegaic

There is a game coming up this Sunday in Great Plains about 15 minutes West of Stryker. I'll be there with a couple of friends if you'd like to come out and play.

7. tennoheikabanzai

Would you interested in joining and putting the Type 38 and knee mortar to good use finally, haha? We could go to Zulu in Tavern, NY. Im not sure how far that is from you.

8. tennoheikabanzai

I'd love to come, but I have work then :( . How often do you and your friends play? Maybe we could plan something in the coming weeks?

9. omegaic

I try to get out about once per month or so. I post the larger games here in the NJ section of the forum.

10. tennoheikabanzai

Ok, perfect! Ill see when the games are and see which ones I can make it to! When I do go, I guess you'll know who I am cause I'll most likely be the only one dressed as an Imperial Japanese Soldier there, haha

11. DRK

DRK Member

westchester
    I'm going to Stryker tonight (August 4th) with a group of friends if you can swing by. I have a **** ton of loaner things if can start making it there on Thursday nights. I've been going to Zulu for years but C&C in Stanhope is the best field of all. It's the largest field in NJ. Their events are all posted on Facebook though.

12. DRK

DRK Member

westchester
    Zulu is in new windsor, NY FYI.

13. tennoheikabanzai

Is it? my bad, I when I googled Zulu airsoft Rock Tavern came up on the Google side bar.

14. tennoheikabanzai

I'd love to come, but I have work. How often do you go? Maybe we could set something up within the new few weeks?