Low budget Gear Loadout

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by YacksterJr, Dec 26, 2012.

1. YacksterJr

YacksterJr New Member

After some help from some friends, I have decided to make a High quality, low budget Gear loadout. Here is the list.
    Head
    -MICH 2000 Replica w/ Multicam Helmet Cover
    Clothing
    -Emerson Multicam Gen2 Combat Suit
    -Flyye BDU Belt (KHAKI)
    Gear
    -Flyye MOLLE Style PC Plate Carrier with Pouch Set(KHAKI)
    -Flyye MOLLE System Hydration Backpack(KHAKI)
    -Flyye MOLLE Folding Magazine DropPouch(KHAKI)

Yes it might not seem a lot but its all in my budget. Any thoughts you wish to share?

2. rblevinski

rblevinski New Member Supporting Member

Philadelphia
    I would stay away from the helmet cover and keep it tan if I were you. That's just my opinion. I know there's some other people on the forum who would probably disagree, but if your vest and other gear is khaki I would keep it tan.

3. YacksterJr

YacksterJr New Member

What would be the difference between Helmet cover and no helmet cover?

4. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    I think that's a pretty good start to a kit. A lot of useful stuff and not much that you don't need. As rblevinksi said, you don't really need the helmet cover, but that's just up to you and how you want to look. Everything else will serve you well. The only other thing you might want to consider is buying legit multicam. The Emerson set is okay if you really want to have the Crye Combat set look. But for the same money, you could get Tru-Spec or Propper Multicam pants and a Tru-Spec, 5.11, or Massif Combat shirt. You'd be getting better material, better construction, and the real Multicam pattern for the same money. The Chinese knock off version of Multicam aren't very close to the real thing, and sometimes look pretty bad.

5. iTunesTomato

iTunesTomato New Member

Oakland
    FINALLY!
    Yeah my only gripe was the helmet cover, but rblevinski already covered that.

EDIT: Sniped by knief.. but I agree about the pants, I was just talking to another guy on ASF about how I hate fake multicam. Also the real thing will be much more durable

Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  6. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    Good starter kit. What I was going to suggest has already been covered. But are you planning on using a side arm?

7. YacksterJr

YacksterJr New Member

Eventually, Mike. Its on my next list of airsoft items. I trying to figure out on what secondary to get and what brand. Do you have any ideas?

8. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    What is your price range and do you have any models you like?

9. YacksterJr

YacksterJr New Member

Price range is undecided, but most likely 120. M9 and M1911 are my favourites.

10. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    You could looking into KJW GBB pistols and maybe some used KWA for that price. I would definitely stay away from WE-Tech because of their high lemon rate.

11. YacksterJr

YacksterJr New Member

So if I throw the Helmet cover out, what can I replace it with? What would make the kit look more professional?

12. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    A paint job snakeskin work well with multicam. You could also buy a manta strobe replica.

13. iTunesTomato

iTunesTomato New Member

Oakland
    The uncovered helmet will look more professional. But a helmet with all the velcro and rails and shroud will look better. Here I'll post a link

14. 1badweasel

1badweasel New Member

Santa Rosa
    I only wear a cover to dissipate the helmet's reflection. Especially when it's raining. But as it was said earlier, its personal preference.

15. YacksterJr

YacksterJr New Member

I thought about having a IR flag on the helmet. And I do like the idea of the rails on it but it seems unnecessary. Maybe I can get a some neck protection or something that makes the setup look legit without having unnecessary items.

16. rblevinski

rblevinski New Member Supporting Member

Philadelphia
    You could use a shemagh or gator neck for neck protection.

17. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    He could also get a tan balavica.

18. YacksterJr

YacksterJr New Member

I have a black one but I might get the shemagh.

19. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    Go with a tan shemagh OD tends to stand out to much against multicam.

20. YacksterJr

YacksterJr New Member

Will do, but I like the shemagh, its multipurpose. I'll see on both of them.