1. CajunAirsoft

CajunAirsoft New Member

Hey guys I was wondering how y'all lube your midcaps. I haven't seen any vids in how to do it, and I've heard some different techniques. I'm getting my midcaps today so I would like to know the best method. Thanks.

2. Darek

Darek Member

Your supposed to lube your midcaps

Well I would recommend although I have no idea what I'm talking about maybe put some oil on the nub that pushes the bbs and using a stick to keep pushing the nub or put a bunch of oil on top of the nub then load the mag

3. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    Spray silicone oil into the feed. It helps the bbs feed since there's lest resistance.

4. Darek

Darek Member

You have helped us both

5. CajunAirsoft

CajunAirsoft New Member

Yeah but won't that get silicone all over the bbs.

6. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    Do it without the bbs in it, then put some bbs in it and then start shooting. It'll get the silicone all up inside it.

7. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    You don't want silicone on your bbs. Your hop up won't grab it properly and your accuracy will be diminished. Moreover, lube attracts and clumbs dirt and grime, which will do more to jam up your mags than anything. You shouldn't really need standing lube in your mags. You want to clean them out and silicone is a good medium for that, and a little residue will help keep the follower from sticking. But you shouldn't be spraying lube down there if you're not swabbing it out afterwards.

8. sniper-assaulter

sniper-assaulter New Member

Once I just sprayed a whole bunch of lube in my midcap and it made the bb's go wherever they wanted to. But now it shoots just as good as new

9. CajunAirsoft

CajunAirsoft New Member

So kneif I shouldn't spray silicone in my mag. Sorry for double post it wouldn't let me edit.

10. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    Because your post was deleted.

11. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    I keep those cheap free BBs you get when you buy guns. I collect them all in a air sealed canister. When I get a new mag I get a handful of those BBs, spray them with silicon oil and load them into the mag and then press the release in the mag and let the BBs come out. I do that a few times, then turn the mags upside down so any lingering silicon oil can drip out.
    Sometimes spray some compressed air to help it drip down.

Toss the BBs when I'm done.

12. CajunAirsoft

CajunAirsoft New Member

I know that now once I realized it was gone.

Edit: Thanks buster that's what I will do.

13. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    In general, no. If you need to clean them out, silicone is great way to pick up all of the debris that collects in there, but you want to swab them out with a dry cloth on some sort of snake after. I've pretty much used MAG M4 midcaps exclusively for my non-PTW guns, and they allow you to pull the spring out. This makes cleaning them significantly easier.

The problem with buster's method is that your feeding tube isn't a straight line. It snakes around inside the gun. Turning the thing upside down just allows the lube to pool in the bends. You need to swab the lube out. But really, unless you're bashing your mags into the ground on the regular, you shouldn't need to clean them very often.

14. CajunAirsoft

CajunAirsoft New Member

Well Kneif I got ARES I didn't really have a choice it was a box package,so I don't know if the spring can come out. I doubt it . I don't play a ton so I shouldn't need to clean very much.

Edit: Would pipe cleaners work??

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012