M.O.L.L.E rig help

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by thatsplashguy, Jul 28, 2012.

1. thatsplashguy

thatsplashguy New Member

I was considering getting an OEtech "combat set" from airsoft gi. It included 2 double m4 mag pouches a utility pouch hydration carrier some sort of drop pouch and the oetech plate carrier with cummerbund. I am new to airsoft and never had a rig before and was wondering about the quality of this plate carrier. I was hoping someone could help me with suggestions and what not, such as getting the carrier and pouches or what. Pleas keep in mind that I would like a hydration carrier and a cummerbund. Thanks.

2. VTMZ

VTMZ Active Member

Paducah
    Low quality. Go with Flyye, Pantac, or even TMC

3. thatsplashguy

thatsplashguy New Member

Where can I pick up these carriers from? Im sorry I'm new to airsoft.

4. VTMZ

VTMZ Active Member

Paducah
    For Pantac: Evike, Airsoft GI, etc.

For Flyye: ShooterCBGear

For TMC: EBAirsoft

5. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    +1 to this. Its better if you buy a high quality plate carrier and separate pouches.

6. Archer627

Archer627 Active Member

Figgington
    Meh, those brands aren't high quality so to speak. More like moderate quality. Will last a long while however. These are good brands for lower budgets. High quality is where we get EI, BFG, TAG, HSGI, etc.

7. Jelly

Jelly New Member

San Jose
    Those brands are what you would consider real steel gear.

8. Archer627

Archer627 Active Member

Figgington
    Real steel gear is high quality. That's just my tier system. Replicas of the high quality brands falls into the moderate quality tier.

9. deathmechanic

deathmechanic Active Member

Davis
    Buy once, cry once.

Labeling it real steel gear doesn't really work out. You can still mount plates in replica gear.

10. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    I meant in comparison to OE tech.

11. armsofglory

armsofglory New Member

If your just getting into airsoft just buy OE tech and wear the crap out of the material(won't take long) and get some Eagle Industries gear. These guys are all spend as much as you can. Sure you get quality but if your not gonna play every weekend and don't go to huge ops who cares? Who's gonna look at your gear and say "woo you got flyye!" I just want something that will work and look decent. Then when I have $1000 to spend I will use it for hardcore gear. Use is all he needs and EO tech and condor(better) fit him. Eagle may even be in your reach. They aren't all that expensive. Im the only one who thinks this way. I have wallet sense.

12. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    No I thought that way when buying my plate carrier. The TMC 6094 is $62.50 shipped. A flyye/ pantac 6094 is about $120+30 shipping. I barely end up playing once a month, and I figured for those prices I can really just get 2 TMC's if one gets so worn out. But I wouldn't get anything below the quality of a TMC such as OE tech or condor.

13. armsofglory

armsofglory New Member

Mine works fine for me. I don't have the need to show off. I just want function out of it. Looks, I could care less. I'm differenttl than the rest. Later on ill get some EI but for beginners and backyard warriors condor is fine but not great.