m130 spring installation

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by Wraith1995, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Wraith1995

Wraith1995 New Member

so im trying to put an m130 spring into my gearbox but it seems like its impossible to fit that stiff of a spring into the gearbox without everything flying all over the place. Do you guys have any tips or tricks i can use to make this easier?

2. L5132

L5132 New Member

Duluth
    You just have to hold the cylinder down, make sure the sector gear teeth aren't rotated towards the piston, and then put the spring guide in the spring, push it in, set the tabs on the guide into the slots, and close the shell. If you are having issues with your ARL you can use a strong magnet (think neo motor) to hold it in.

3. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Installed SP170 into multiple of my guns just fine :p

4. Rifled-n-Ready

Rifled-n-Ready New Member

Duluth
    Slide a screwdriver through the spring guide if you have not.

5. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Not all spring guides have a hole at the end for a screwdriver you know. You will simply have to combine strength and control, and keep a finger on the cylinder at all times.

6. BRTSoloWing

BRTSoloWing Active Member

China Grove
    I watch a guy somewhere putting in a heavy spring by nearly closing the two halves and twist/screw the spring into place. It looked so easy doing it that way

7. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I never thought of doing it that way, that's pretty clever.

8. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member

Pierce County
    Sounds great, until you get to the spring guide...

9. BRTSoloWing

BRTSoloWing Active Member

China Grove
    No, when the spring guide gets the the gear box, you open the two halves just enough for it to fit and push it into place. I'll try to post a video of me doing it that way to my FN when I pull it apart next.

10. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Make sure you do the video with MS210 :p

11. ThompsonFTW

ThompsonFTW New Member

Dayton
    Whenever I close a gearbox I put the top half on with the spring coming out through the hole in the back. Then I slowly push the spring and spring guide in with the top gearbox just barely open enough to let it slide in. This keeps the cylinder down and allows my left hand to focus on gear alignment and what not.

12. wiseman

wiseman New Member

If the spring guide has a hole, what Rifle n Ready said will really help you inserting the guide and hard spring into the GB. But if it doesn't have, try using precision screw driver to hold the guide and spring plus what Tommy mentioned above.