M14 choices?

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by xXTacoMcFacoXx, Aug 2, 2012.

1. xXTacoMcFacoXx

xXTacoMcFacoXx New Member

2. Darkrider9

Darkrider9 New Member

NYC
    It depends how significantly you want to upgrade. What were you thinking for upgrades?

3. xXTacoMcFacoXx

Not tons of experience in upgrading but i was thinking of things like a prommy tight bore, new bucking, high torque motor, maybe a new spring and then some basic do it yourself mods.

4. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    As I typically say "If you're not planning on opening the gearbox, go with Echo. If you plan on going inside the gearbox within 6 months of purchase, get the other brand"

5. qurfy

qurfy New Member

Burlington
    Would you be doing the work your self? If so how much exp. do you have? Pretty sure all m14's have the same gearbox, so me assuming this is a v7 and if you are new to working on airsoft guns v7's are probably at least by my standards one of the harder gearboxes to work on. Like darkrider said it depends on how you want to upgrade, if you want best performance you don't just want to drop in parts like a lego build you also need to do some modification to it. Sorry if I rambled, personally if you are new to opening up airsoft guns I would go with the G&P. TM m14 good choice too. http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/catalogsearch/result/index/?cat=28&q=m14

6. xXTacoMcFacoXx

Only gearbox work i have done is on a v2 gearbox out of my m4. I have seen videos of v7 work and they do seem more complicated but I think i'd be up to the challenge. :p

7. thatoneguy

thatoneguy New Member

Lakeville
    Good luck finding a G&P M14 DMR. They have been discontinued.

8. xXTacoMcFacoXx

Wasn't aware of that. Decision should be fairly simple then. :)

9. Whiplashairsoft1

Whiplashairsoft1 New Member

42 Wallaby Way
    Don't upgrade or buy the Echo1. Just get the G&P and put a crapload of upgrades ino it. Voila! El Beasto (No, that's not a real word)

10. thatoneguy

thatoneguy New Member

Lakeville
    You could get the regular G&P M14. Its the same thing except its shorter and has no RIS. Plus it's a LOT cheaper!

11. xXTacoMcFacoXx

Any shops in Canada that stock those? All I've come across for m14's in Canada is G&G, Echo1, and the G&P i linked above.

12. slipknot2302

slipknot2302 New Member

Canada is a whole new ball park. Good luck in actually finding one. I know buy airsoft has a M14 EBR for like 1K and that's about it.

13. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
  14. Whiplashairsoft1

42 Wallaby Way
    The G&G M14 is supposed to be the best, by the way...It takes the cake. And the cigar.

15. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    Yes it does.

The G&G M14 surprised me when I first bought it. With .23s and the hop-up off, the bbs were curving up... 410FPS out the box, amazing ROF on a 9.6v, externals were surprisingly good, I love it. The wires get quite hot though, so you have to lay off the trigger finger every once and a while. If you do get it, use anything .25 or heavier. Otherwise they curve up...

16. Whiplashairsoft1

42 Wallaby Way
    Thatguy,

What's its highest effective range? RoF? Just wondered. May buy an M14 someday.

17. Thatguyoverthere1111

Mandeville
    Well, considering all my bbs went up, and then arced down, my effective rage was majorly increased lol. I'd say 250' with heavier bbs. And that's stock, put Rhop into this baby and you'll be hitting 300' easy.

18. xXTacoMcFacoXx

What originally turned me away from the G&G was the high Canadian price ($495) and that it was not compatible with as many upgrades. From what i've read the echo 1 is a clone of cyma wich is a clone of Marui, and G&G is on its own with Classic Army. Is this correct?

19. Thatguyoverthere1111

Mandeville
    Yes, that is correct.

20. Whiplashairsoft1

42 Wallaby Way
    That's insane. You're saying that STOCK it'll beat an upgraded CYMA M14 (like Fyzix's?) Wow............I'm seriously rethinking my decision to buy a G&P or VFC M16...