M16 dmr build

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by SOA_GHOST, Jul 29, 2012.

1. SOA_GHOST

SOA_GHOST New Member

Hey guys, I Would just like some opinions on what I'm doing here. This is my first build of this scale and I'm not quite sure if I am doing well here. So here goes.
    My base gun was a jg m16a4. I'm starting off upgrading internals first. The stock shell cracked so now I am running this: guarder reinforced 6mm shell, amp m130 spring, magic box ball bearing spring guide, classic army metal tooth piston, bravo aluminum piston head, magic box aluminum cylinder head, 3/16" sorbo. Stock parts are gears/motor (which pull the spring fine) wire set, tappet, air nozzle and selector. The gearbox is shimmed. For a bucking I have a systema bucking and concave nub. Later I will get a 509mm 6.03 barrel, madbull ultimate hop up, and gemtech metal body. Soon I'll get a full cylinder because for some reason it came stock with a ported one. Any thoughts or opinions?

2. GreenListerine

GreenListerine New Member

It's always good to throw in 16awg wires and deans. Everything else is fine

3. SOA_GHOST

SOA_GHOST New Member

Ok thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

4. BRTSoloWing

BRTSoloWing Well-Known Member

China Grove
    Get a o ringed air nozzle as well

5. SOA_GHOST

SOA_GHOST New Member

Yeah I was going to grab one in my next order. Thanks.

6. TheCaptainAlmighty

TheCaptainAlmighty New Member

Gallifrey
    For the best range, also look at Tackett's Hop Up thread. Its been stickied. Also try flat hop, or R Hop to get super awesome range.

7. Archer627

Archer627 Active Member

Figgington
    Your list looks decent, but I notice you didn't list very many mods. For a DMR, you want consistency, therefore you will want everything hitting stuff the same way every time.

MODS:
    -Stabilize the inner barrel
    -Fine tune hop up
    -Glue air nozzle to the air nozzle. Make sure it's glued on straight
    -Stretch o ring on piston head
    -Anaerobic gasket maker on cylinder head
    -70D Sorbo/ AOE correction (you did this it looks like)
    -Rewire to deans and 16ga wire
    -Radius the cylinder windows
    -Flat hop or R hop
    -Shim hop up arm
    -Polish Piston guide rails and Tappet guide rails
    -Polish Cylinder

Suggestions:

Get an Rhop and m nub combo! You will see massive improvements in accuracy and range. Make sure you get an Air seal air nozzle (not a metal one).

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  8. SOA_GHOST

SOA_GHOST New Member

Ok thanks for the tips. All of those will be done sometime in the near future. In the past I've just used duct tape to stabilize barrels. And as for the r hop or flat hop, can you suggest which one is better? I'm not sure which mod to go with. And yeah the sorbo/AOE correction is done. There are a few on your list I'm not familiar with so off to google I go. Thanks for the tips guys.

9. Archer627

Archer627 Active Member

Figgington
    R hop by far is better.