M16 Vs L85 discussion

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by SIXX6VI, Oct 15, 2012.

1. SIXX6VI

SIXX6VI New Member

I'm looking to buy either an M16A3/4 or an L85A1/2 and was wondering if anyone had any advice of what would be the better gun

2. cysko

cysko New Member

What brands are they? What are you looking for? What is your price range?

3. SIXX6VI

SIXX6VI New Member

I'm looking at either an ICS L85A2 or an SRC M16A3 with a nylon fibre receiver ranging from £130 - £350 which is about $150 - $400 in dollars I think

4. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    You get the added compactness from the L85 being that it is a bullpup. ICS makes some top notch stuff, I would go for the L85.

5. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    The ICS is better quality out of the box than the SRC, but the SRC is a better upgrade platform than the ICS is.

6. Havok17

Havok17 New Member

Chicago
    Go with the ICS, I would not trust SRC without upgrades. My friends broke within the day he opened the box. But ICS isn't that bad for an upgrade platform due to the split gearbox design which makes it easier. That said though they do have some proprietary parts.

7. SIXX6VI

SIXX6VI New Member

So the ICS is worth it's price in quality l, how do they fair in accuracy

8. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    The ICS L85 does not have a split gearbox. It does allow for the spring guide to be changed to change the spring pressure, or ultimately be removed, which is a nice feature.

Both will have comparable accuracy. They are both stock guns. The ICS has a higher probability to shoot better because the SRC is lower quality.

9. SIXX6VI

SIXX6VI New Member

So the ICS L85 is the better gun over the M16 or is SRC just a bad brand

10. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    SRC is just worse than ICS.

11. SIXX6VI

SIXX6VI New Member

Is there a cheaper but just as good version of L85 or is ICS just the best you can buy

12. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    The ARMY L85 is probably the cheapest on the market.

13. SIXX6VI

SIXX6VI New Member

Is it any good though compared to the ICS

14. Thestig

Thestig Some say... Supporting Member

Colorado Springs and Southern California
    I have heard yes, when upgraded a tiny bit. But good luck finding one in stock. Last time I searched a couple months ago, I couldn't find any new in stock.

15. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    It's really a different beast entirely. Externally, it looks the same, but internally is a little different. It doesn't play nicely with high powered batteries without modifications, and doesn't always come with a good hop up. But, it's more upgradeable than the ICS L85.

16. SIXX6VI

SIXX6VI New Member

Wouldn't be better to buy the ICS rather then buying one to spend more on tweaks considering I still need to buy optics

17. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    Yes and no. There's always the strong possibility that the ARMY would shoot just fine out of the box. There's also the possibility that the ICS could come shooting poorly out of the box. It already has a weak hop up chamber. If it breaks, you have to replace it from ICS, if the ARMY's hop up chamber is broken, you have a very wide selection of parts to chose from.

But you also asked which L85 was the cheapest. Personally (Personally), I think the ARMY is better than the ICS because it is more upgradeable. Out of the box, the ICS is a tad bit better, but not by much in my book. And the incompatibility with some after market parts isn't worth it. It'll still perform right out of the box.

18. SIXX6VI

SIXX6VI New Member

A case of personal preference then I guess in terms of what guns and equipment to buy