M1911 - KWA, KJW, or WE?

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by Patinator, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Patinator

Patinator New Member

Decatur
    I've been looking at M1911s... I mean, who doesn't love the classic Colt .45? I really don't know what to go with. I know what I want, but I don't know what would be best.

What do I want? A green gas, metal, blowback M1911 pistol shooting at least 300 FPS, decent accuracy, and decent gas consumption- at least a mag per fill, roughly. I also want a lack of potential problems. :/ Aesthetics are important as well- I want an M1911 with the army look- dark gray or gray metal with wood grips. Not some crazy silver ivory-grip (sorry Patton :p) thing with rails sticking out everywhere.

So... as far as I know, my choices are with KWA, KJW, and WE.

I personally am biased towards KJW because I have their Mk I, and it's worked wonderfully so far. BUT, that's hardly fair since I've never had a KWA or WE.

Help. ^^;

2. chaosnemesis

chaosnemesis New Member

Kwa will not have trades (if that's important) but is the better performer of the three. I have a WE and i'll tell you I barely get one mag out of a gass fill.

3. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Pierce County
    I had a WE 1911.

It was exactly like the real issue 1911.
    Poor slide to frame fit (would make an awesome politically incorrect baby rattle...), accuracy was sub par, sights were atrocious, and the trigger was so heavy I actually started feeling discomfort in my trigger finger after the first few mags. Also, "Gas Hog" is a misnomer on the WE 1911. It's more of a "Gas Glutten". I only had 1 mag (out of 3) that would consistently shoot all 15 BBs. The others were in the 10-12 round range.

My experience with the KJW GBBs has been quite positive though the only 1911 style I've actually shot/owned was their Hi Capa series.

KWA has been getting rave reviews for their NS2 system, especially the gas consumption.

If I were in the market for a GBB 1911, I'd go with a KWA first, KJW second.
    I'd look for a used TM before I bought another WE 1911 (but I do like their Hi Capas...).

4. Patinator

Patinator New Member

Decatur
    I don't care about trademarks as long as I don't see big bright junk like "KWA NS2 M1911 OLOLOL" on the slide. :p

Wow. o_O I wonder, then, why I always see WE called one of the best gas gun-makers on almost every site.

I'll look for a KWA or KJW then... I'll post my findings here for further critique, I suppose.

Edit: Well... I found two that look right.

KWA (out of stock...) - Evike.com - Airsoft Guns | Evike.com - Gas Airsoft Pistols | Evike.com - KWA | Evike.com - z KWA Full Size M1911A1 NS2 Metal Slide Airsoft Gas Blowback |

KJW - Evike.com - Airsoft Guns | Evike.com - Gas Airsoft Pistols | Evike.com - KJW | Evike.com - KJW M-1911 Full Metal Tokyo Marui System Airsoft Gas Blowback |

I'm leaning towards the KJW because a review for the KWA mentions a "big orange tip", although... it's not visible in the picture... -___- (I see a picture with the orange "tip" shown on Airsoft GI, and... o_o; It's pretty big... Don't get me wrong, I like orange tips since they're smart to have, but... not when they're atrociously large.)

I do have another question... what maintanence needs to be done to a GBB pistol, and how often?

Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  5. chaosnemesis

chaosnemesis New Member

oh good, I thought I was the only one:p

6. KingCobra

KingCobra New Member

moyock
    just because they make all of the GBBR's, doesnt mean there any good on gas.

7. Archer

Archer New Member

N/A
    WE is listed as “the best” on most retail websites because.....well.....they’re trying to sell them, LOL! Both the KWA and KJW are equally fine choices, so it‘s really a mater of you're personal preference.

Maintenance: after every use unload the gun, field strip it, wipe down everything with a damp cloth or cotton ball, then spray the internals with silicon oil. You can use normal airsoft gun cleaning pipes on the barrel. As for mag maintenance, I’m not too sure. I’ve heard some say that you should leave a small amount of gas in the mag when it's not in use.

8. Patinator

Patinator New Member

Decatur
    That's what I figured. :p

...Crap, I have to take it apart, huh? Ugh. x.x I suck at taking anything apart and hoping to put it back together...

Leave a small amount of gas in the mag, huh? ...Hmm, I've been doing the opposite with my KJW Mk I NBB... :s

9. Dobanodnao

Dobanodnao New Member

Dunkirk
    The older KWA's are not compatibility with the newer ones magazines; The older ones (Non tactic cool, standard 1911 look) do not use the "NS2" or "PTP" and as such use different mag's then the newer ones. Just keep this in mind, they do make a NS2 one also but it seems to be of mixed availability and while it should be compatible w/ the PTP I can not verify it (Consult KWA on determining part comparability).

10. Archer

Archer New Member

N/A
    The gun that was listed: Evike.com - Airsoft Guns | Evike.com - Gas Airsoft Pistols | Evike.com - KWA | Evike.com - z KWA Full Size M1911A1 NS2 Metal Slide Airsoft Gas Blowback | is an NS2 gun, I don’t know if you saw that. But yes, an NS2 mag won’t work with a non-NS2 gun, and a non-NS2 mag won’t work with an NS2 gun.

11. Patinator

Patinator New Member

Decatur
    Hey, Archer... let me just clear up a bit of confusion on my part- must I field strip a GBB and clean it after every use even if a use is just a magazine or two?

And- pardon me, since this isn't related to the topic, but as long as I'm asking- what about an NBB?

12. DubStep

DubStep New Member

Madison
    Well I have a full metal blowback M1911 that shoots maby 410 420 with the mods I added but it use to shoot 320 so what ever I don't remember the name of the company it's been a while