M203 front mount for A&K M16A4 help?

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Tank17, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Tank17

Tank17 New Member

Hey guys! so today I've bought an m203 but turns out that the barrel on the A&K M16 is a bit thick. Does anyone know which m203 front mount I need to buy? or does anyone know which m203 front mount will fit on the outer barrel?

Attached Files:

2. danerd

danerd Well-Known Member

Ozark
    By the looks of your launcher, it appears it attaches directly to the 1913 rail of your RAS.

As for the bracket, the one you have circled in red is for the M4A1 with its 14.5" barrel; assuming your A4 has an A2-style barrel profile, this is more than likely the front bracket you want:

Note: my images are of the real KAC M203 front bracket. Your mileage may vary. If you wish, I can also provide images of the mounting manual. 20210421_152130_HDR.jpg 20210421_152122_HDR.jpg 20210421_152146_HDR.jpg

3. Tank17

Tank17 New Member

Hey thanks for the response but yeah my m203 also has the standard m203 barrel mount. My barrel is just a one thick piece of metal and it isn't thin like the a2 profile.

4. Dead_Christmas

Dead_Christmas Active Member

Zimmerman
    Can you get a picture of the barrel, past the gas block? I think I know what kind of mount you need...

NVM, I found it.

You're looking for a .750 OD mounting bracket, for rifle-length barrels. It's that "U" looking bit in the middle, to the right of the screws.

[​IMG]

There's also this guy, for carbine-length barrels, but it's not what you're looking for to fit an M16:

[​IMG]

There are other mounting brackets and hardware made to fit older models, like CA, and Tokyo Marui, etc. They're just made out of lesser materials and are more adjustable for barrel width.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
    aotsukisho and Tank17 like this.
  5. Tank17

Tank17 New Member

Thanks for the info anywhere to find these mounting brackets? oh and here is my outter barrel for reference.

Attached Files:

6. Dead_Christmas

Zimmerman
    Unfortunately, the real ones only rarely show up. However, among the best, are the G&P makes. They're a bit flimsier than equivalent LMT or Colt IME, but they're still very tough, and will probably out-live you. Here's more bad news: I can only seem to find them packaged exclusively with their M203's.

I think your best bets would be trying to dig up a Classic Army mount. There are probably others out there...

7. Tank17

Tank17 New Member

Damn that sucks well thank you for the info :)

8. Dead_Christmas

Zimmerman
    Hm, don't give up if that's what you're planning. Maybe I'll do rounds to my sources tomorrow.

Tank17 likes this.
  9. danerd

danerd Well-Known Member

Ozark
    A quick internet search turned up that ASGI has the CA mounts in stock for the M15A4 series from CA. Oddly (but not surprising) enough, they mention it is for an M4 RIS, but the M15A4 is CA's version of the M16A4 OP has. Airsoft Tulsa also has a brakcet in stock, but too is for the M4 rifle...

10. danerd

danerd Well-Known Member

Ozark
    A quick internet search turned up that ASGI has the CA mounts in stock for the M15A4 series from CA. Oddly (but not surprising) enough, they mention it is for an M4 RIS, but the M15A4 is CA's version of the M16A4 OP has. Airsoft Tulsa also has a brakcet in stock, but too is for the M4 rifle...

11. Tank17

Tank17 New Member

Yeah that's why I never bought it or else I would've been screwed lol

12. Tank17

Tank17 New Member

thanks and I won't give up on the search

13. GrimWolf0770

GrimWolf0770 Active Member

Pittsburgh area
    Duct tape! Problem solved! :D

14. Dead_Christmas

Zimmerman
    He has to get the bracket first...Electrical tape works much better because it can hold with tension and adhesion rather than adhesive alone. I have a WE gas rifle that, even when using a 14.5 government profile barrel, needs tape to hold the LMT/Colt mount in place.

15. GrimWolf0770

GrimWolf0770 Active Member

Pittsburgh area
    It was joke...........o_O