M203

Discussion in 'General Accessory Discussion' started by MONTYBLANK, Jul 25, 2012.

1. MONTYBLANK

MONTYBLANK New Member

Im really tempted to buy a grenade launcher... Should I?

2. hubertos1

hubertos1 Member

Do you have money? Do you have a place for it? Do you have money for the shells(Or what ever its called)? Do you like the look of it? If you answered all these questions yes then you should get it. Which one I don't know but then again you never asked which one.

3. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    Whether you should buy a M203 is pretty much up to you. To help you in your decision, I will list the pros and cons.

Pros
    -Looks Badass
    -Pretty helpful in enclosed spaces

Cons
    Expensive $$
    Heavy
    Limited Use(mainly cqb situations)

4. hubertos1

hubertos1 Member

Its pretty much a shotgun that looks like a grenade launcher.

5. Lincoln

Lincoln New Member

It's not even close to a shotgun don't listen to him

6. Kmkraft12

Kmkraft12 New Member

Gainesville
    It's a shotgun that shoots 120 bbs.

7. brettcp97

brettcp97 New Member

birmingham
    Look I've had the m203, the m79, the glm, and I have never been in a situation where they were useful or could even hardly get any body with them. The are just heavy show pieces, used for intimidation. Sure every once in a while you may get to use it on somebody but not enough to actually take it to every game. Also unless you use balls or rockets in them, they have barely any range.

8. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    Hes right it shoots like a shotgun. The shells stay in the launcher and thwy just shoot 120 bb's in a single direction at once. 120 bb's in 1 shot that may only go 60-70 feet. Not very affective to me.

9. MONTYBLANK

MONTYBLANK New Member

I play cqb almost all the time, and I have had many times were I probably needed one... I think ill get one probs

10. Joshman

Joshman New Member

I would think for CQB they would be a very good tool.

11. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Pierce County
    I have owned 6 grenade launchers (including one of those 6 shot revolvers).

When I got my first one (Classic Army Short RIS), I was all gung-ho about putting it on my ICS M4,

[​IMG]

but then I decided to put it on my UMG (due to its uniqueness).

[​IMG]

After 20 minutes on the field with it, I removed it and never used it again.

My second one (ICS Long) I got in a trade and sold it within a week.

The 3rd was CAW I got for my P90 Savage Hunter:

[​IMG]

My 4th was a Madbull short that got sold to a team mate.

My 5th one (CAW GP-15) was considerably more compact, so I thought I'd run with it for a while. With 6 shower shells, it was definately an impressive addition to my WE and Bravo/D Boys RDW. Still, as little as I used it, it didn't warrant carrying it on the field.

[​IMG]

The 6th launcher was a revolver. It was a blast for CQB, but with only 6 shots (as devastating as they were...), that beast was freaking heavy, even with a sling.

Are they cool? Sure.
    Are they effective? In the right environment or scenario, yes.
    Are they practical? For the average airsoft player, no.