M24 gas gun

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by terridax2, Jan 7, 2013.

1. terridax2

terridax2 New Member

I'm looking for an affordable M24 sniper rifle that is either green gas, red gas, or CO2. I'm looking for something for under $250, but I'm willing to stretch to $300. Does anybody know of where I can find one? And how much it costs.

2. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    Why gas? Why not just find a Classic Army M24 (spring powered) and be happy with an awesome rifle?

For most gas guns to become effective you'll have to rig it up to HPA, and that can cost some money. While with the Classic Army Spring M24 you really only need a few things in order to make it a solid performing rifle (bucking, barrel, spring if you desire more FPS).

3. terridax2

terridax2 New Member

I already own an HPA from a previous gas gun that I sold, and a few upgraded spring rifles. I prefer to have the realistic feel of a gas rifle and I would like to have one in my arsenal. If I end up not liking it, I'll just customize it, and sell it for a profit.

4. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    It's a good thing you have the HPA rig, that will save you some grief.

You could still get a CA M24 and a Gas bolt, but I'm not sure how you would rig the bolt to HPA...

Another cheaper option would be to pick up a KJW M700 then try to find a M24 stock.

5. terridax2

terridax2 New Member

Where could I find one?

6. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    You would probably have to search the classifieds for the Classic Army. Then you would also have to search for the gas bolt.

http://airsoft.tiger111hk.com/Airso....html?osCsid=953bee1c8c111294b05b28cb4f8af30e

These guys carry it, however its currently out of stock.

Then a KJW M700 can be found on nearly any airsoft website (evike, GI, etc.).
    Now finding a M24 stock, that might be tricky... You may be able to find a used stock in the classifieds, but I'm not sure how easy it would be to attach to the M700 receiver. It might require some work.

7. terridax2

terridax2 New Member

Thanks, I'll check it out. If it doesn't work out, what would be a good gas sniper with a decent fps that would stay within field limits?

8. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    That would still be the KJW M700. Very budget friendly, and very upgradeable.

9. Archer627

Archer627 Active Member

Figgington
    True story right there. Lol. I have one.

10. terridax2

terridax2 New Member

Thanks. Happy hunting

11. stroop66

stroop66 Member

I can get you a used kjw m700 takedown with scope for 150 plus shipping! guys sellin it on craigslist in my area. ill post a link to it soon.

EDIT: oops sorry cant copy on the ps vita. go to craigslist and go to sarasita fl. tyoe in airsoft and go to airsoft m700 takedown. it needs a new mag, but he says good condition.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  12. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    Your probably not super familiar with BASR's but the takedown version of the KJW is largely avoided by people. This is because, at the takedown point, the gun tends to leak pretty bad thus giving you even worse airseal and consistency.

13. DadCRO

DadCRO Member

Just wondering, what is the difference between the M700 and the M24 stocks? Is it just the adjustable butt plate?

Anyhoo, the KJW can be a GREAT gun. You just need to upgrade it.

14. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton

It's that and traditionally Remington 700's (the gun that the M700 is replicating) have a stock like this,

ForumRunner_20130107_222432.jpg

Where the stock narrows near the barrel. And the M24,

ForumRunner_20130107_222539.jpg

Stays relatively the same thickness until the barrel.

The KJW M700 however has the front portion similar to that of a M24 while lacking the adjustable butt plate.

15. DadCRO

DadCRO Member

Ok, thanks.

Also, I've heard from people that actually have the takedown version that it doesn't leak nearly as badly as everyone says. But why would you need to get the takedown anyway? What would you use it for?

16. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    I almost put a bullet through my head

Don't get the gas bolt....................................

Pick up a KJ M700 or you can get the Tanaka

17. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    Ya, unfortunately I haven't heard much about the gas bolt, but the upside of it all is he would still have a CA M24 (Win/lose situation I guess, but more of a win :D). I was just thinking of options in the price range, and unfortunately the Tanaka rifles are out of his budget, otherwise that would have been my first suggestion.

18. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    The gas goes into the bolt......
    Stuff like that....it always sucks....

19. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    Ya, I figured because of that HPAing it would be a hassle, therefore makeing it inconsistent.