M24 or L86 platform?

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by jon_wallace95, Oct 27, 2012.

1. jon_wallace95

jon_wallace95 Well-Known Member

Which do you like better? Which is more comfortable to use? Recommendations for each type? I am trying to decide on which, I love the m24 but people keep telling me to get an l96

2. TornadoAirsoft

TornadoAirsoft New Member

M24 only because they are easy to take down and not to bulky like the L96. They are both great sniper rifles. I personally run an M28 which is very similar to the M24. If I had any say in it I would not get the L96.

3. jon_wallace95

What's the difference between an m24 and a 28?

4. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    M28 is a failed airsoft version of the M24.

If you want an M24/700 style rifle, but JG Bar-10 or CA/JGW M24.

But then again, UTG L96 is also great, and it isn't bulky at all.

5. TornadoAirsoft

It's not a failed version of the M24. If you realize it's more of a techs gun or in other words you need money to work on it.

6. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    You mean you need money to make it work.

Last time I checked, JG Bar-10, CA/JGW M24 all work out of the box.
    Especially that CA M24.

Sorry but, making your name after the name of the rifle simply proves that you are a fanboy....

7. Lil_Shady

Lil_Shady Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

That's airsoft sniper rifles in general. But there should be some expectation of semi decent performance out of the box, which the M28 does not deliver on.

8. DRAGON64

DRAGON64 New Member

People keep telling you to get the L96, because they have a proven track record of performing right out of the box... you do not even need to upgrade them if you do not wish too. The CA M24 would be my choice, but the rifles can be hard to come by.

If you do not mind the "toy-like" feel of the bar-10 or other VSR-10 clones, then you could go that route. These models have a huge aftermarket following, especially if you are into dumping money into those cash holes that is...

The M28 was doomed to failure before ever coming to market, as the original designer tried to put a spin on the platform by making it mostly incompatable to standard VSR-10 after market parts. The parts produced where shabby at best. Although some parts could be replaced with some VSR-10 components, the critical components like the hop up unit and piston/cylinder assembly was completely proprietary. If I had to do it all over again, I would spent the extra money and picked up the CA M24.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
  9. TornadoAirsoft

First of all I am not a fanboy of this gun. Yes you need some money to make it work. Yes it is a working gun out of the box. Please stop arguing with me about this gun. I know what I am talking about.

10. Lil_Shady

Lil_Shady Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

Well then you should have no problem backing up your claims with testing such as FPS consistency and accuracy/precision tests. And no matter what you say, no one will take you seriously because your username shows extremely clear bias and fanboyism unless you provide test statistics.

Obviously you don't know who EDI is. I wouldn't argue with him unless you can back up your claims.

11. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Eh Shady, he contradicted himself already lol

Uh what....?
    So you need money to make it work when it's a working gun? lol What?

Oh yes you are......give me a reason to name yourself after M28 when there are guns such as..um...let's say Mantis which is over 9000 times better.

Not even arguing, just stating facts.

No you don't.

12. TornadoAirsoft

Like I said I am not talking or arguing with you I have tested the things you listed. So I am not talking on this thread any more. I just gave him advice.

13. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Oh, please show me the steps of the test and the result of it.

Oh wait, the test never exited.

Gave him advice? More like BS.

14. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    LOL, the truth is the Echo 1 M28 and UK Arms M24 (one OEM's the other) are going to give you the same problems, proprietary parts are not something you want to see when making a skirmishable sniper rifle. So stay away from them unless your a fanboy (LOL) or you have the money and resources to make new parts to replace those that are proprietary. In my opinion, Classic Army is giving you far more in its gun then most other companies, ya its more expensive, but with what's actually inside of it you'll actually be saving money on upgrade parts.

15. TornadoAirsoft

Yea and your just arguing with me so stop having a hissy fit. He wanted advice so I gave it to him. A.K.A. My opinion!

16. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor

Contradicting yourself again huh?

http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f88/m24-l96-48436/
    http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f9/m24-l96-37998/
    http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f9/would-you-rather-l96-m28-50808/
    Check these out OP.

17. Leonidas

Leonidas New Member

Des Moines
    I run a JG Bar10 with $700+ into it. Sniping is expensive. Ghillie suit +$85. See? I like L96's, but M24's are a lot less bulky so that's good too. My Bar10 is really light, I like it for sniping

18. jon_wallace95

What upgrades did you put into it?

19. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Pretty much everything.

20. jon_wallace95

Damn, I wish I had that kind of money to do that, right now I'm using a cyma zm51 I got as a gift.