m249 HPA build tips

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Kevin Juneskans, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Kevin Juneskans

Kevin Juneskans New Member

UPPSALA
    Hello, I'm new on this forum and I hope I can get some feedback and tips before I start building my first HPA gun. I'm not new to the airsoft building and modding so I hope that this little project will go just fine.

I want to make a mean m249 build so that I can run as a support for my team back here in Sweden. I have seen that my local shops sell about everything I need. For this build and I was planning on using the Wolverine Inferno M249 Gen2 complete kit they have and using my "old" paintball tanks.

So everyone is welcome to give their thoughts on this idea of mine :). And please don't hate I am 27 years old and play responsibly.

• But my first question is simply what M249 I should get? My research tells me that I can get almost any M249 right? I have been looking at these (Remeber that I am located in Europe and in EU I don't need to pay extra tax)
    • Secund question is the Wolverine Inferno a good HPA system. They are well known but am I taking the right path?

Sorry for the wall of text! Your welcome to just answer one or all my questions if you want. Just keep it nice and constructive, please :)

Thanks
    Kevin "Korpen" Juneskans
    Fellow airsofter from Sweden

2. Bruiser5K

Bruiser5K I fuel things. Supporting Member

Warner Robins
    I think that sounds like an awesome idea, and yes the Inferno Gen 2 is an awesome engine. I have the Spartan Edition in my M4 and I love it. As for the selection on the M249, I don't have much knowledge on support weapons like that. Good luck on your build!

Kevin Juneskans likes this.

3. antizombie

antizombie Well-Known Member

Schofield
    As to which saw you get, Honestly it's whichever one you like the look of best. I would also suggest getting the bullgear CNC hopup because the stock a&k hop ups are super trash. Being a support weapon you want the most shots per tank, so you don't have to be switching tanks all the time. You'll want to get yourself the tightest bore barrel you feel comfortable with, allowing you to lower the psi.

Kevin Juneskans likes this.
  4. Kevin Juneskans

UPPSALA
    Nice :D Feels awesome. I went with the A&K Para it will be in my hands soon :) Thanks for the feedback!

5. Kevin Juneskans

UPPSALA
    That Bullgear hopup is almost impossible to get your hands on. Hope I can get it from Russia soon! Thanks for the awesome feedback!

6. King-Witt

King-Witt Member

Wood River
    I want in on this. Building mine as I type this, but I can't figure out where to run the igl out of the reciever. I dont think I can put it through the pistol grip with the bolt in the way, but the how it comes out of the bottom of the gearbox makes me think I'll have problems making it come out behind it. Any suggestions?

7. Kevin Juneskans

UPPSALA
    Hello!

If you are using Wolverine as I did you have to cut/make a hole in the receiver where you can pass the hose out. I gutted my gearbox so I easily can access the chip and change ROF/Dwell with no hassle. If you use Polarstars kit you get a hollow bolt so you can bring the hose thru the grip. There is no right and wrong, you can cut or you can try to get your hands on a hollow bolt :) Can send pictures tomorrow if you want, it's 03:00 here in Sweden ;P So I'm off to bed!

8. King-Witt

King-Witt Member

Wood River
    No need on the pictures. I got some help from another source. Ended up cutting away half the gearbox, and like you mentioned, drilled a hole in the reciever for the hose. I also took a bit out of the trigger group just behind the grip for it. Turned out just fine. Thanks.

9. Kevin Juneskans

UPPSALA
    Glad to hear that you solved it :) It feels a bit crazy at first but when everything is fitted it´s a glory! Good luck on the field!