Airsoft Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
I have an M249 and am not particularly impressed. They don't have very good range ootb although that could probably be fixed with some simple hopup work. Plus, my style of play doesn't really give me time to setup and rumble, I'm more of a quick moving quick firing sorta player.

I am a big fan of Krytac, but have never owned an LMG.

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
They don't have very good range ootb although that could probably be fixed with some simple hopup work
The Bullgear CNC hop really is a must IMO. I own the Featherweight Para but have converted it to HPA with the P* Jack.

The main issue is I have with the 249s is that all the box mags are trash. I haven't tried the super high end Bullgear version but at this point I wish I had. I actually prefer to use mags with the 249 if only just for the aesthetics. Get a whole Winter Soldier vibe going.

Can't really go wrong with the Krytac unless you plan on going to Milsim events. The 249 will always be allowed in the SAW role though not all allow the Krytac.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
It depends on how much you can/want to carry. My 249 comes in at 23lbs fully loaded (and has none of the issues you find on the A&K/CA 249 models :) ) As others have said, you have to consider your playstyle and the eligibility of your platform in certain events.

I love to run-and-gun as well. Not much is funnier than me (6'-1" and 190 lbs) decked out in my kit, whiping around a 249 like it's an M4; laying down hate with a smile.

·
Administrator
12,071 Posts
The M249 in the market are not the best items made right now.

Mainly Cybergun still having influence with the FN license and they are a cheap company...

Krytac at least has a level of standards for their products...so IMHO...its a better option.

·
Administrator
12,071 Posts
Another product from the minds of CYB to hook the "new" airsoft players...

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Or experienced Airsoft players that want the inexpensive, lightweight option that can be easily upgraded or HPA'd.

I mean, it's all about being an informed consumer, right? If you are, you know the Cybergun Featherweight isn't high quality, but it ain't bad for a little over $200 USD. (Evike is always marking 'em down)

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I mean, it's all about being an informed consumer, right? If you are...
Big IF there... We all know ~95% of the airsoft consumer base isn't that. I'm not bashing the practicality of the featherweight in the aspects you mentioned. It's the same with G&G's Combat Machines as people gut them and slap in an HPA engine and have a high(ish) performing, lightweight option that is relatively cost-effective.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Do some field research of where you plan to use it. As mentioned with the milsim issues, some fields have rules about how you will be allowed to use the gun. The Krytac will only be allowed to be used as a rifleman class weapon at some fields. I wonder what milsim west would say about an M27iar being used as a SAW replacement.

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
I'm not bashing the practicality of the featherweight in the aspects you mentioned
No bashing assumed @danerd. We're just having a good ol' conversation :)

Just how Guges told me to imagine every interaction with him as if you were talking to an excitable 6th grader (I'm paraphrasing his words) just imagine that I'm the 15yo in the staging area that just pounded a Monster Energy Drink and a bag of Sour Patch Kids with a big ol' grin on his face and is just loving talking shop. We're just a bunch of dudes having a friendly chat about the hobby/sport/activity we all love.

I was just trying to give a different perspective on the Featherweight. What y'all are saying is absolutely true but that's not always a bad thing. Again, the key is your expectations when you're making a purchase.

We all know ~95% of the airsoft consumer base isn't that.
Tru dat. But that's the beauty of this group, right? Rising tides, boats, and all that.

·
Administrator
12,071 Posts
Do some field research of where you plan to use it. As mentioned with the milsim issues, some fields have rules about how you will be allowed to use the gun. The Krytac will only be allowed to be used as a rifleman class weapon at some fields. I wonder what milsim west would say about an M27iar being used as a SAW replacement.
It varies and you have to ask. If you get turned down, have an alternate ready to go.

AMS does Not Allow the M27 to be a SAW.

·
Registered
638 Posts
It varies and you have to ask. If you get turned down, have an alternate ready to go.

AMS does Not Allow the M27 to be a SAW.
Ya, makes sense. But the beauty of running the M27 platform, is you can just run it as a rifleman class rifle.

back to topic, I did watch a MSW video made by a guy who showed up to his first milsim with the Krytac Trident LMG HPAed, and had to run it as a rifleman’s class weapon. I‘ve read the sight rules at Ballahack, they list all the ‘except able‘ guns to use as LMGs, and the Trident LMG wasn’t on the list..They also are pretty restrictive on the definition of DMR, all the acceptable DMRs on the list are 7.62 caliber replicas. No SPRs are listed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts