M28 piston is done! Works great...

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by Ranger, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Ranger

Ranger New Member

Onsted
    Well guys, here are some pics and up to date reviews of our M28 pistons.
    Here she is, all finished and ready for my testing!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bottom piston is our prototype M28 piston, center one is the stock M28 piston and the top is a Vsr piston..

[​IMG]

The rear of the new piston is not aluminum, it is steel. Has a delron ring and its pretty nice!

Here is a video of me testing its compression. I only held the air in the cylinder for 10 seconds and released but I have held it for 20 seconds already and it held perfectly!

http://s265.photobucket.com/albums/ii204/Swat-Airsoft-USA/?action=view&current=VIDEO0003.mp4
    I got to use the M28 today with its pretty new piston. Between last night, fiddling with my rifle getting it to feed and todays game, and I let everyone try it out, I have put about a hundred shots through it already. I am only shooting at 421fps cause I need stronger sears before I bump up to 500fps. Here are the pics I took a few minutes ago so we can all see how its holding up.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I found no wear on the piston except a little on the delrin spacer.

I have little to no fear that this will blow out and I am going to be ordering some SHS sears very soon so I can try my hardest to kill this piston. I plan to try to shoot this rifle everyday and keep count. I figure maybe 25-50 shots per day till I get my sears. I will take pics every hundred shots and post them. If you have any questions, please ask.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  2. GreenListerine

GreenListerine New Member

Looks pretty sweet. Prices?

3. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Those rings explodes under high pressure.
    Just throwing it out there :p

4. Ranger

Ranger New Member

Onsted
    Nice! Thank you for telling me that. So the ring will blow at 500 then?

Were still in testing right now so we havent even discussed it much.

5. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Mine blew up after probably 400 shots on 510fps.
    Eh, it did go through 36 shots on 640fps........

Also the edge of it might be scratching the surface inside the cylinder.

6. Ranger

Ranger New Member

Onsted
    I will let my buddy know in the morning. Thank you.

7. Ranger

Ranger New Member

Onsted
    Sorry for the double post. I was just thinking about what you said. The Delrin ring doesnt hold any compression, that is held by the o ring. Therefore the delrin ring shouldnt ever blow out. As for the delrin scratching the inside of the cylinder, that cannot be. It would be the other way around. The delrin is too soft to scratch aluminum,lol.. I guess the inside of my cylinder is rough and scratching the Delrin.... I will get out the sandpaper and smooth the inside of the cylinder tonight.

8. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Um, it "exploded" due to the shock when the gun is fired.....not from forming the seal...

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  9. Ranger

Ranger New Member

Onsted
    Oh, now I got ya buddy. I didnt know, I thought you was saying from the air. Yeah, that does make sence that with the slam it could jar or break the delrin. We were thinking about a few different ideas, I will talk to him more today about it.

10. Ranger

Ranger New Member

Onsted
    Well guys, I got to 200 shots today and here are my findings.

I really didn’t see anything I didn’t expect. The sear catch looks beautiful! I did see a few scratches but that’s expected. I cant believe I would be using my M28 again. I hope you guys are excited as we are.
    I will try to get out more shots faster, I received a few pm’s asking if I’m still updating tonight, lol..
    I’m sorry guys, I know its pretty hard not to be excited to use these awesome rifles again.
    Here’s a few pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I tried white and black background trying to find the best way to see the details in the piston.

I will get my next hundred shot report sooner next time.

11. Ranger

Ranger New Member

Onsted
    I am now at 300 shots and the piston is still perfect! We are considering a wider delron ring.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We have decided to go ahead and start making these for others, there is no way this sear catch is going to wear out.

I will post in the sales section when we have a few made and ready to sell. Price will be decided by then.

I covered the sear catch in sharpy to show any new scratches to check for wear. All I found was the sharpy was rubbed off.

12. Ranger

Ranger New Member

Onsted
    Were currently in a stand still on the new design of the pistons. We made it lighter, reshaped the delrin and are close, I'm sorry for the hold up.

We are positive they will be durable and I cant see any way these will fail. My buddy just handed me the test piston "v2" and somehow forgot to open the rear of my piston so the spring guide wouldnt insert into the piston making it not catch on the sear.

I prefer he would use the machine to open it up more but time is a slight issue right now, I think I will see what I can do with what tools I have.

Infact, I will get started right now. I'm sorry for the hold up, and thank you for your patience guys. Believe me, I'm tired of waiting too,lol... I'm ready to start making some money.

13. jroewe25

jroewe25 New Member

looks awesome is it cnc machined

14. Ranger

Ranger New Member

Onsted
    Thanks buddy. No, it was manual lathed.

15. HolmesFTA

HolmesFTA New Member

Pittsfield
    I realy want one maybe two :cool:

16. Ranger

Ranger New Member

Onsted
    Sounds good, I will post once things are final.

17. Ranger

Ranger New Member

Onsted
    Well I guess my buddy is having money issues so I guess were at a stand still. For how long, I dont know but it shouldnt be very long. We'll figure something out. If your interested let me know so I can maybe "inspire him?" Hahaha.. I know the guy has skills so please be patient with me.

Thank you.

18. HolmesFTA

HolmesFTA New Member

Pittsfield
    as soon as you have one made ill buy it

19. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    One way you could do it would be taking the money in advance. You are a trusted member both here and Airsoft Sniper Forum, so I do not really see a problem.

20. Ranger

Ranger New Member

Onsted
    Like a pre order right? Thats actually not a bad idea! And thank you very much for mentioning that buddy, hearing that made my day bro. There is enough people wanting them to actually make that work I think. I will talk to my buddy Slacker about it tomorrow.:D