M4 AEG immediately jams. A few BB's spill out when I eject the mag.

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by Olkard, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Olkard

Olkard New Member

Sheffield
    I've recently taken an interest in Airsoft and I am booked for a game on the 7th of Feb, but now my gun is jamming whenever I take a shot. I can get the bullet out by firing a few more times with the mag out, but it won't fire a BB anymore; it just jams.

If anyone could help me, I would greatly appreciate it. I've gotten really excited for the game next month and now I'm really bummed out since I might not be able to go. Thanks again!

PS: Here is a link to my gun so you can see what I have.
    http://www.onlybbguns.co.uk/airsoft...ab-aisroft-gun-with-grenade.html#.VpZmBPmLTcf

Also, it didn't come with an unjamming/cleaning rod, even though there's a slot for it in the box. I'll be contacting them to see if it should have come with a rod, but just something to note.

2. Stonearmdog

Stonearmdog Member Supporting Member

Sevierville
    It probably just needs to be cleaned. Also try to move the mag around in the magwell

3. Zaryk

Zaryk Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Southern
    What kind of bbs are you using? If your using cheap low quality bbs, that could also be the problem.

BBs spilling out when the mag is ejected is normal, there are always a few bbs left in the feed tube of the hop up unit even if you emptied the mag.

4. ERICTHEROJO

ERICTHEROJO Active Member

chicago
    I suspect your hop up. Turn it all the way down (less) and try that.

5. Olkard

Olkard New Member

Sheffield
    I am looking to get a cleaning rod (since the package I got didn't include one for some reason, even though there's a space made for it), but I don't think that should be it since I've only used it in my room for roughly 30 minutes. I've only owned it for a week, so it's brand new.

As for the part about moving it in the magwell, it wont move at all once its in.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
  6. Olkard

Olkard New Member

Sheffield
    These are the BBs that I am using. My friend is using them as well and he isn't getting these problems.

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-bbs/asg-0-20g-blaster-6mm-bb-3000.htm#.VpaOo_mLTcc

But it's good to know the spillage of BBs isn't a bad thing.

7. Olkard

Olkard New Member

Sheffield
    Yeah, I've done that as well, but still no results.

8. Zaryk

Zaryk Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Southern
    I've seen brand new guns with some filthy barrels. You never know how long the barrels have been setting around the factory before assembly. I always clean a brand new gun before use.

Thinking about it more it may even be an improperly installed hop up bucking from the factory, as this isn't too uncommon of an issue even in high end guns. Or if you adjusted the hop up all the way up that can sometimes rip the bucking (not as likely but still possible). But I would try cleaning first.

9. Olkard

Olkard New Member

Sheffield

I've contacted the company I bought the gun from, so I just gotta wait for them to get back to me. Once I get the cleaning rod, I'll definitely be cleaning it.

Aside from that, I have shot the gun a bit, like 100 bbs, but it fired perfectly fine. The day before it broke, I altered the hop up to make it more straight,
    but I shot the gun after adjusting it and it was fine also. Today though, it just decided to clog up all the time. I've turned hop up all the way counter clockwise, so that shouldn't be it. At least I don't think.

10. ERICTHEROJO

chicago
    I'm going to stick to my guns and blame your hop up. Your description sounds as if everything was fine up until you modified it. Remove your hop up and chek your bucking, something has the bb jamming in the chamber.

How did you alter the hop up to make it more straight?

11. Olkard

Olkard New Member

Sheffield
    I'm not sure how to remove the hop up, but I'll search online and see if I can find anything. As for how I altered the hop up, I took a shot and turned it clockwise until it was decently accurate, although it rotated as far clockwise as it would go and it still wasn't 100% accurate, and that was from my room to my brothers.

12. BoogerMc

BoogerMc Airsoft Jedi Master Supporting Member

Akron
    You over hopped your gun. Turn it back down. Find some new bbs and I try again. Different bbs shoot differently in different guns. Some years ago my team conducted some bb tests to find a team ammo. What we discovered was out of five different brands of bbs, no one brand worked the same in each gun. Each brand worked differently in every gun. Some bbs needed more hop in one gun, but not in another. Some flew straight and some curved to the side even though no adjustments were made to the gun in-between bb changes.

Just because your friend's gun works fine with those bbs, does not mean yours will.

13. Olkard

Olkard New Member

Sheffield
    I have turned it back down, but it still wont do a thing. No matter where I now put the hop up, it still jams up. It was working fine, shooting the BB's up until the day after I'd altered the hop up, where it began to jam. I'm trying to find out how extract the barrel and hop up to see if anything is poking out jamming it, but I'm not having any luck. I've tried pushing the clip thingy that holds the barrel on (located on the hand guard just before the barrel), but it wont move at all. It isn't a screw either, so I have no idea how to get it off.

14. BoogerMc

Akron
    Ok, couple of questions to help establish a foundation from which to start.

1] Is the link you provided the actual gun you own?

It is difficult to tell from the pictures on the website, but it kind of looks like this is not a standard two piece upper and lower receiver (main body of the gun). I don't want to offend you, but it looks like a cheap low powered electric gun. Could you post a picture of the battery as this would help to determine what type of gun it is.

2] Does this gun have a metal gearbox?

Remove the magazine, turn the gun upside down, look into the mag well and see if the gearbox is visible. It will be at the back (side facing the stock or trigger) of the mag well. If it is not metal, we have our first major problem.

3] If the gearbox is metal and the receiver is a two piece upper/lower design, do you know how to take the gun apart? If not, here is how.

I am going to assume you are a right handed shooter (most people are). When you hold the gun in your right hand to shoot, the left side of the gun faces your chest, the right side does not. I state this for reference only. On the right side of the gun, there are two pins, these hold the upper receiver to the lower receiver. See the image below, the yellow arrows point to the receiver pins. You'll need to remove these pins.

[​IMG]

Once these pins are removed, your upper receiver can be separated from your lower. Pull the barrel and upper receiver forward (away from the stock). Some uppers have fins that the rear pin passes through, if yours does, you'll need to pull up and away at the same time.

When you have the upper off the lower, turn it upside down, and you should see your hop up at the front of the receiver. Pull it out the back of the receiver, the inner barrel will come out with the hop up. Please post pictures of the hop up as it is at this point.

The more I look at the picture, the more I'm betting this gun does not have the typical two piece receiver, but is in fact a side by side style, which means it has a series of small screws that hold it together. If this is the case, most people are going to tell you to give it up at this point and buy a better gun. Sorry to say it, but they are right.

Anyway, I'll reserve judgment until you respond.

15. Olkard

Olkard New Member

Sheffield
    1) Yes. This is the exact link I used to purchase my gun. I assumed that it wouldn't be a cheap gun since it was originally £150 and came with quite a package, but now I'm regretting it. I now see why it is on quite a substantial offer.

As for the battery, it doesn't have a name on it or anything so I don't even know what type of battery it is.

2) When I looked up the mag well, I could see quite a lot of plastic, so I'm guessing the gear box is not metal.

3) I've tried pushing those pins out, but no matter how much pressure I put on those pins, they will not move, so I'm guessing it is not a two part weapon.

The more I look at the picture, the more I'm betting this gun does not have the typical two piece receiver, but is in fact a side by side style, which means it has a series of small screws that hold it together. If this is the case, most people are going to tell you to give it up at this point and buy a better gun. Sorry to say it, but they are right. No offense was taken with the cheap gun remark by the way.

Yes, I do not think this has a two part receiver. I cannot get those pins out at all. They do not budge at all. But I am now planning on refunding this gun (broke before I was even able to use it, cleaning rod not supplied, fore grip attachment falling to bits and BB bags had a hole in them) and getting another weapons. I've got my eyes on a gun which I think looks nice and will be a good starter weapon and won't cost much more than the one I have now, so I would love to hear your thoughts on this.

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft...ne-cm16-raider-two-tone-blue.htm#.VppK9fmLTcd

I very much appreciate the help and thank you for it.

EDIT: I've found a video with the battery in it. I've got the same battery, it's just uploading a picture from my phone is a pain, so it would be easier to show you this video instead. This isn't me in the video by the way.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDuJRAcVo-Q[/ame] 3:04 is where the battery is shown.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
  16. BoogerMc

Akron
    Yep, you got a cheap plastic gun, not worth trying to fix. If you can get the refund and the other gun, you'll be taking a step in the right direction. However, you may consider looking for an Echo-1 or Jing Gong instead. Personally, I would go for an Echo-1 or an ICS, both very good and better quality at a reasonable price.

17. Olkard

Olkard New Member

Sheffield
    That's the plan. I'm just worried that they're going to turn around and say that I've damaged it in someway and refuse my refund, which will annoy me greatly. Hopefully they don't.

Also, about the other gun, I'm just wondering whether it has a metal gearbox, since you made it seem like plastic is a definite no go. It says in the description that it has full metal internals, but I'm not sure whether that includes the gear box. It also has a polymer hop up unit. Is that good or not?

Either way, I'm definitely going to try and get this refunded. I got the weapon just over a week ago and the company has a 28 day return policy, so I should be golden. After that, I just need to order the other weapon and a few batteries for it and I'll be good to go.

18. Olkard

Olkard New Member

Sheffield
    Well this isn't going to turn out as well as I'd hoped.

I've just read the refunds policy and it turns out that if the item is opened or used, or after 7 days of delivery date, it cannot be refunded. This really bummed be out.

I don't even think I can return it either since it also says that if I reuse BBs, I cannot get a replacement and I picked the BBs that I shot back up. It wont come back in time anyway, so even if I could, I wouldn't.

I guess I'll just have to get it repaired for roughly £25, as much as I don't want to.

I appreciate all of you guys help though and I thank you a lot for it. At least I know what to do and not to do in the future and can make a set of equipment that will last for a long time.

I thank you all again very much! I very much appreciate all the help.

19. BoogerMc

Akron
    You're welcome, but to be honest, if this has a plastic gearbox, it's also likely it has a cheap hop up unit. So, repairing it may not be possible. It wouldn't hurt to contact the company and ask, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

The G&G is a good gun, but some people say their Combat Machine guns can be iffy. Yes, they do have a metal gearbox, but some will say the other internals are low quality, of course, others say different. Best advice is do some research, read the many "What gun should I get" and "Is this gun any good" threads to see what others have to say and then develop your own opinion.

I've got a G&G on my bench right now that belongs to a customer. He bought it used and you can tell it's been through hell, but other than a bad air nozzle, cylinder head, and tappet plate, it appeared fine inside. I think the previous owner somehow warped the air nozzle and that caused the other damage.

Anyway, again, glad to help.

20. ERICTHEROJO

chicago
    I was also going to suggest contacting them bout the refund. They might just surprise you.

Personally, I would keep it, and take it apart. It would become my new learning tool.