M4-Better off sub 125 & upgrade or....

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by maxnukem, Dec 9, 2012.

1. maxnukem

maxnukem Member

Summerville
    Hey there forum! Never owned airsoft and looking for M4 with RIS foregrip rails. I thought I had decided on one of the Lancer Tactical versions but can't seem to find any currently in stock for Christmas. I'd like a metal gearbox from the get go but figured on other upgrades as money is available. I can go up to 150 but is there much difference in 100-150 or should I just stay around 100 and upgrade in the future? Playing in the woods out back as there are no fields in the area.

2. FASTTtitties

FASTTtitties New Member

I would suggest a JG for this price, even though the lancer seems good, it's made out of full plastic and will break if your tough on it. So most definitely a JG M4. Maybe an M4 S-System or regular. Your choice!

3. maxnukem

maxnukem Member

Summerville
  4. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Lancer tacticals have insanely crappy bodies, held one the other day, horrible, and there are about a billion threads on them, I advise JG, CM, or if you get a little higher King Arms

5. FASTTtitties

FASTTtitties New Member

Well from experience when I got my first AEG, it was a clear Wal-Mart one. And I broke it within three weeks. The stock broke, and everything that can be broke, did break. Now, with metal AEG's, I don't have that problem, so I would say lancers are out of the question. Airsoft GI did a Lancer Tactical tough test review. It dropped and made a complete wave motion. And it eventually broke. So most definitely a JG, G&G, or for a little more than 150, a king arms.

6. rich635

rich635 New Member

Los Angeles
    You know what actually, Evike is having a boatload of "Daily Deals" of their HK replicas (as they need to get rid of all the unlicensed ones), why not pick up something from that? I'm seeing G36s and 416s for sub-$130, even less when you factor in a coupon code. If you want an AR-15 variant, the only thing I could think of is something used from the Classifieds section. I've seen full metal M4s for as low as $100.

7. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Can't use coupons on daily deals.

8. northjerseyairsoft02

northjerseyairsoft02 New Member

Hey, i own a jg m4 s-system. I have only had it for about 7 months and i am already getting rid of it. It is junk. Plus, it is not evrn cqb legal. Trust me, u will regret it. Do the smart thing and get a g&g combat machine. U have many choices and they are great quality. They are about $150. Hope this helped.

9. rich635

rich635 New Member

Los Angeles
    Damn, /r/airsoft claimed "vghs" worked for them, I guess they fixed it. Still, a JG 614 for $120 isn't too bad.

10. antizombie

antizombie New Member

wausau
    Do not get a lancer tactical. I had one and the body was okay but there was a lot of issuses. The whole outer barrel slide right off. When I first picked it upbecause its held on by one little screw also the motor plate screw rattled loose multiple times and rendered it useless until I found it or got a new one. Lancer aren't good for upgrading either.

11. maxnukem

maxnukem Member

Summerville
    Thanks for the input folks! Pass on the lancer version after the comments here and watching that slo mo drop on gi's video. Supposed to be durable right? I have an all metal Tippman Pro-am I've been using for paintball since 1995. It's a frikkin tank and performs no matter how I've abused it over the years. Guess ill go deal hunting for metal receiver with full stock. I'll see if either of these sell out before I make up my mind.
    http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=29614
    http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=706&products_id=11986

12. maxnukem

maxnukem Member

Summerville
    Hey northjersey...I have no plans to play CQCB anytime soon but what were your other issues with JG?

13. northjerseyairsoft02

northjerseyairsoft02 New Member

The plastic is very cheap, the rof is crazy... Slow, it is fairly innacurate, the screws strip quite easily, and it is very pick about the battery size. Though it does pack quite a punch, it is not worth it. If u plan on keeping the gun for a long time, look at g&g, echo 1, and if u are willing to stretch ur budget to about $180, the kwa cqr. If i had to pick the best one, i would go with the kwa. That has the same internals as the km4 line (2gx gearbox and 2g hopup) wich are in the $350 price range but kwa uses a plastic lower reciever and handguard so it cuts the price down quite a bit. It is deffinately the single best gun for ur price range and will last you forever. Kwa also has the best customer service. Hope this helps u.

14. schultzebomb

schultzebomb New Member

Monterey
    Dont get the kwa one, the plastic receiver (barbie doll plastic) is uglier and cheaper i quality than the jg one in my opinion, for battery space you can get a battery bag, and i assume the last guy had a crazy slow rof because you used the battery that came with the gun. All in all get a jg m4, or even the hk416 thats on sale on evike right now, that would be a great buy.