M4 CQB ideal build

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by NMorris, Nov 23, 2012.

1. NMorris

NMorris New Member

What would be an ideal build for a M4 CQB AEG? i already have a 300mm madbull tightbore 6.03 inner barrel, "-sniper" bucking (soft), and a matrix m100 spring.

2. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    Do you already have a gun?

3. NMorris

NMorris New Member

Yes it is a Limited Edition CQBR AEG.

Attached Files:

4. PistolsAndMP5s

PistolsAndMP5s New Member

Corona
    I'm pretty sure that's a G&G Combat Machine internally.
    I'd get a motor (Lonex Red or SHS High Torque or Element, etc..) and a MOSFET. Also I've had two G&Gs have trigger return springs breaking... Their trigger system is a PITA to work on. Also if you want more trigger response and higher rate of fire get high speed gears (13:1 and 16:1)

5. Axis

Axis New Member Supporting Member

In my opinion, the Lonex A1 TITAN is the best. I've heard from others that SHS motors heat up quickly.

6. PistolsAndMP5s

PistolsAndMP5s New Member

Corona
    The Lonex A1 IS the Lonex Red.. SHS High Speed motor heats up quickly but the torque doesn't heat up as fast. It might depending on your setup though.

7. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Combine a Lonex A2 with 13:1 ratio gears and a beefy 3 cell li-po if you want trigger response that will rival GBBR's.

8. NMorris

NMorris New Member

So which motor? Lonex A1 or A2? And I'll get a MOSFET, and 13:1 steel gears. Any brand names I should follow up on for these internals? Also, what websites would these be in? Sorry still new to everything :/

9. Lefse

Either one will easily pull your setup with a good li-po battery. The main differences will be a slightly higher ROF with the A1, and a slightly lower power consumption with the A2. Both will give a very fast trigger response with a good battery.

10. NMorris

NMorris New Member

Ok thank you, an any specifics on what MOSFET to get? What do they do anyways?

11. Lefse

A mosfet unit will keep your trigger contacts from burning up. I actually melted the plastic assembly in a trigger contact when running an 11,1v li-po without a mosfet once. The Nanofet they sell at Clandestine looks promising, and Extreme-Fire has a very good reputation. If you're good with soldering you can make one yourself, but I only recommend that if you're experienced with soldering, it doesn't take that much heat to kill a mosfet.

12. NMorris

NMorris New Member

Ok tank you :) ill be getting a matrix gear set 13:1 ratio, MOSFET, and ill be checking out the details in the Lonex motors. You guys know of good websites for these things?

13. SilentVectorX

SilentVectorX New Member

San Angelo
  14. Axis

I e-mailed SHS about the issue. Maybe they'll get back on track...

15. SilentVectorX

SilentVectorX New Member

San Angelo
    You're not the only one. Ben at Clandestine, who probably sells more SHS products in the US than anyone else, has been talking to them since the beginning, and IIRC they are on the third bevel gear version now.

16. Axis

If I remember correctly, most people only have problems with SHS 2nd Gen bevel gears. I may be wrong, though.

17. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Yes. We very much do lol.

We just keep stock bevel gears, or take the bevel from the spare gear set pack.

18. Axis

How in the world do you tell whether you got a lemon or not anyway?

19. Lefse

If the spur or sector behaves like an old bent bikewheel, I know I've got a lemon...

20. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    13:1 and 16:1 spur and sector teeth don't mesh with each other. Don't spin. Out of spec.
    And vice versa trying then with each other and every other brand gear set on hand

Some packages had the sector screws out jingling in the package. Sector gear itself had oversized threadings for the small screws. Fixable problem.

Same crappy bevel here in Hawaii. Some bevel gear shafts were bent out of shape. Noticeable by eye.

Had the same problem as "Alex" with the bad black steel tooth 14t pistons. Which destroyed a couple sector gear teeth. Not just SHS gears either. Too consistent to happen on more then 5 guns.

Weirdly the new SHS metal piston heads with the aluminum colored aluminum backing had some out of spec size problem. Had to grind the anodizing off the sides for it to fit into a standard cylinder. Grinded and polished smooth. Using micrometer to check for size.
    Too small for a bore up cylinder though lol.

Not a very huge "parts" problem. But the "standard replacement gear set" spur gear is a bent bike wheel lol. Threw over 10+ away.

Big big problem.....
    SHS motor are burning out left and right... About 15 motors down in the last month.... And he's we have emailed them about this on-occurring problem