M4 CQB ideal build

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by NMorris, Dec 8, 2012.

1. NMorris

NMorris New Member

-Airsoft GI PE POM Poly carbonate Piston

-Magic Box Ultra Seal POM Poly carbonate Ball Bearing Piston Head ( Designed for M100 Spring )

-Bravo Heat-Treated Steel Enhanced Original Type Gear Set

-Magic Box 8 mm Stainless Steel Ball Bearing Bushings

-300mm Mad bull 6.03mm tight bore barrel

-Matrix M100 spring

-Mosfet (not sure which kind yet)

-Lonex A1 long type motor

Is there anything else i should purchase our i should purchase instead of these items?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
  2. SilentVectorX

SilentVectorX New Member

San Angelo
    Wait, wut?

A lot of these parts are not worth the money at all... What is the base gun, and what specs are you trying to achieve, as well as budget? Any limitations on retailers?

The only two parts I like are the MadBull barrel and Lonex motor.

3. NMorris

NMorris New Member

My base gun is a M4 (check my pictures for the one with no outer barrel). My budget is around 200-300 I wouldn't mind a little more.

I also have purchased the matrix m100 spring and mad bull barrel.

4. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Do you even have a plan for this build? What are your performance goals?

5. NMorris

NMorris New Member

Speed. I want to try to get the gun to shoot 25 bb's a second or possibly more.

6. Lefse

You only need a 7,4v li-po to do 25ish RPS with a Lonex A1 pulling an M100 on 18:1 ratio gears. You won't need a mosfet, just do the usual reliability tweaks and replace the piston and piston head with Lonex parts and you're good to go.

7. SilentVectorX

SilentVectorX New Member

San Angelo
    And the brand is ? By 'no outer barrel' I'm assuming you mean the CQB gun in your profile.

Unfortunately, I don't know much about Evike Customs. My guess is they are AIM-TOP based.

On the other hand, 25+ RPS isn't an extremely hard build.

8. Lefse

25 rps is actually a very easy build, 25 rps with an M100 spring is even easier.

9. NMorris

NMorris New Member

Is there a way to get faster rps let's say 30-35 rps?

10. NMorris

NMorris New Member

What is a good brand for a piston/piston head? ball bearings?

Also what do you guys say about getting the "APD Gen 1 Keyed Hopup Arm and Nub Set" off http://clandestineairsoft.com ?

Also, what else would i need? A Lonex AEG Hard Bucking [70 Degree]? A NanoFET MOSFET Unit?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
  11. Lefse

Can't go wrong with a Lonex piston with a Lonex POM head.

12. NMorris

NMorris New Member

Ok so i will get a Swiss Cheesed 10 tooth piston, with the ball bearing lonex head.

13. Lefse

That should get the job done nicely, just remember not to use the ball bearing that comes with the PH, it adds alot of weight to the piston assembly.

14. NMorris

NMorris New Member

Thank you, How about the others?

Good brand for 8mm ball bearings?

Also what do you guys say about getting the "APD Gen 1 Keyed Hopup Arm and Nub Set" off http://clandestineairsoft.com ?

Also, what else would i need? A Lonex AEG Hard Bucking [70 Degree]? A NanoFET MOSFET Unit?

15. Lefse

I don't use ball bearing's, but many people seem to like Modify cheramics. Why a hard bucking? I use soft buckings in all my AEG's, ranging from 320 to about 400fps, and I'm very pleased with results. I've heard good things about Lonex buckings. I haven't really tried Lonex buckings oddly enough, but I've gotten very good results with Guarder soft buckings. The mosfet unit they got at clandestine should get the job done, I make my own units, it's fairly easy if you know how to solder.

16. SilentVectorX

SilentVectorX New Member

San Angelo
    Kanzen seemed to have a lot of failures with their bearings. Modify's seem to be failing a lot less. G&P appears to be the next favorite of the tech community. Personally I would rather just use bushings.

Hard buckings have some properties that may or may not be worth considering depending on your build:
    - Hold pressure better (high FPS or DSG builds)
    - More resistant to jams due to the bucking lips folding inward
    - Has a lower wear rate than soft buckings, so more rounds fired between replacements

17. NMorris

NMorris New Member

Bushings it is, thank you.

I have heard mixed opinions on hard or soft bucking. Frankly, I never used a hard bucking. I haven't ha the chance to try my new bucking yet that required a little modification.

I wanted to get a MOSFET before I bought a lipo. Not sure if 7.4 or 11.1 yet but either way, good to have.