M4 DMR Project

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by V3A-Ghost, Nov 22, 2012.

1. V3A-Ghost

V3A-Ghost New Member

Chicago
    I want to build a DMR out of a my G&G combat machine m4a1. The field I go to has a 400 fps limit, so I'm not planning to do a lot of internal upgrades except for a tight bore barrel. I'm planning on upgrading the externals to have it look like a DMR. So, without getting a longer outer barrel, how should I do this, and what size inner barrel should I get?

2. Urbanprodigy

Urbanprodigy New Member

So you're not doing a DMR? Before you get a new barrel it would be better to get your hop-up right

3. GreenListerine

GreenListerine New Member

So you're making a "look like DMR but not actually DMR"...
    Go to google. Type in "Airsoft m4 DMR" or something along those lines. Go to your favorite Airsoft retailer, and buy things.
    In all seriousness, I would suggest making the gun perform better. Performance>appearance.

4. V3A-Ghost

V3A-Ghost New Member

Chicago
    Then what should I get to make it more accurate and have more range?

5. GreenListerine

GreenListerine New Member

If you really don't want to do much teching or anything, I would suggest a prommy 6.03 and a Lonex or systema bucking. You can also look into flat hopping, which isn't complicated but has promising results. For the best range you will want to look into ER-hop with EM-nub.

6. V3A-Ghost

V3A-Ghost New Member

Chicago
    Sorry I'm a little new to upgrading, but what is flat hopping?

7. M4Ever

M4Ever New Member

San Antonio
    Search some stickies and other previous threads on this forum for some really good instruction on flat hopping and the like. The MOST IMPORTANT part to getting range and accuracy perfect is hopup. Barrels, bb's and compression come next. If you can get those four things in perfect working order together. You will have a stinkin good gun that can perform like a DMR.

Now as far as looking like a DMR, do what was suggested above, copy the best looking Google image. But you'll end up with a good looking crappy performance gun. Don't be afraid of tech work, it's frustrating to get into, but you'll soon gain confidence and be able to do anything. Especially when you have the willing techs and air smiths here to help answer questions and guide. If you've got the will power, you can do it!

8. V3A-Ghost

V3A-Ghost New Member

Chicago
    Then what is the best hop up and inner barrel I can get?

9. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Research. (20 characters)

10. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    They already told you above............

11. V3A-Ghost

V3A-Ghost New Member

Chicago
    Well maybe I wanted someone else's opinion.

12. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Eh, doesn't matter, it's the same.

13. M4Ever

M4Ever New Member

San Antonio
    Yeah, go do some research, bring back some options you can afford and the lengths and diameters you're after, and then let us give you opinions. It works a lot better that way. Power On!