M4 External Build

Discussion in 'General Accessory Discussion' started by champo98, Nov 14, 2012.

1. champo98

champo98 New Member

Hello all,
    I have a JG M4 that i would like to pimp out. I like the look of the SOPMOD Block II, but dont want a replica of that, just something similar. I like Shado_Nuygz build if anyone has seen that. My budget is fairly slim at $150 and i also need mags to go with the gun aswell.
    So here is what im thinking as of now. im open to suggestions on different parts as long as they fit my budget.

-12" Daniel Defense RIS II replica
    http://waridiot.com/index_eproduct_view.php?products_id=998
    * does anyone know if this will fit my delta ring or if i need to find out how to remove that?

-Peq 2 box to house my venom 7.4v lipo, 20c, 2000 mah battery. i believe it should fit, correct me if im wrong. its pretty small and fits in the handgaurd now.
    http://waridiot.com/index_eproduct_view.php?products_id=337

now i need help deciding on what mags to get. I would prefer mid caps, and maybe 1 high cap thrown in as back up back up. On evike they have elite force 140 rd. mids, or the king arms ones, also 140 rd, and i think one other brand. which is better? they have MAG brand and King Arms on Amazon aswell for the same price i believe, maybe less shiping. (I would either like an 8 or 10 pack)

I have been having some troubbles with semi auto on this gun. I know this is an externals thread, but i was wondering if anyone knows how to fix this?
    The gun shoots fine for about 10-15 shots on semi auto, while pulling the trigger as fast as i can on that 7.4 lipo, then it kicks into safety. while the selector switch is still set of semi, it locks up. i dont know if it is trigger contacts gone bad, or 7.4 just naturaly slow. There is also a little black piece of plastic that goes from the wires, to the battery from the gun, and it gets fairly warm when firing. i will try and put a picture of it.

With that rail system I have to find a way to either 1. get a flip up sight cheap because my budget is almost gone, or move my current sight up to the end of the barrel. I have no idea how to get the sight off for when i put the rail on anyways, so if someone has a youtube link from your page, you can post it, if not ill be able to find it on there somewhere.
    So my questions are:
    -Will i be able to mount those rails without modification
    -What are the best mid caps from King Arms, Mag brand, or Elite Force
    -Is there anything else you would reccomend i add to the list
    - is there a way to fix my semi auto problem easily?

Attached Files:

• 023.jpg
      023.jpg
      File size:
      28.5 KB
      Views:
    • 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      39.2 KB
      Views:
  2. champo98

champo98 New Member

Oh, I also forgot one small thing, I would like to get rail covers, and a scope mount to mount a flashlight temporarily until funds for a nice light come in.

3. Shadow_Nugz

Shadow_Nugz New Member

Sioux City
    Lol. You butchered my name! ;)

I still say go with a Block 2. Its super smexy.

If not, grab some Tango Down rail covers or Magpul rail ladders to cover the rails. Those'll cut your hands up.

Beta Proj. PMags

I have that PEQ2 myself, I'll PM you but I would recommend a PEQ15 because it is more "up to date" and smexy.

Get some cheap MBUS to put on top.

4. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Active Member

Meadville
    If I were you I'd get a box of 80 round Magpul pmags, you can get 5 for $50

5. Shadow_Nugz

Shadow_Nugz New Member

Sioux City
    See above link dude.

6. brokenarrow

Meadville
    Yeah, I saw that after I posted, sorry :/

7. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    I've heard problems about the beta projects such as feeding and such. Is this true?

8. Shadow_Nugz

Shadow_Nugz New Member

Sioux City
    I had some problems with one mag but fixed it easily enough.

9. brokenarrow

Meadville
    My friend got that set, two didn't feed, so we Put some silicone in and tried to break them in, then five of them didn't feed, finally he took them completly apart and they work now

10. champo98

champo98 New Member

Sorry about the name! I knew it was wrong. I can edit it when u get back on my computer for ya.

So you guys say beta project mags over any of the ones I listed? I'm just worried, my gun was upgraded by a tech from the previous owner, and has a fair ROF, so I'm worried that for a field game, 5 70rd mags won't be enough. I have a 100rd mid now.
    nobody knows how to fix my semi auto problem?

11. chi-airsofter

chi-airsofter New Member

mokena
  12. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    The semi auto problem may exist within the mechbox of your gun. It's either a safety lever, selector plate problem, or both.

13. chi-airsofter

chi-airsofter New Member

mokena
    That could be. I know that if you spam the semi autos lot it will lock up the gun. But all you have to do to fix it is to switch to full auto and shot like 3 times.

14. champo98

champo98 New Member

originaly i had looked at a rail like that one, but wos worried that first off, i will be getting a PEQ box, and i believe they typicaly go on the top of the rail so i wasnt sure how that would fit space wise. and if i ever want to fully clone the sopmod block II then it wont work.
    For the price of those mags i can get a 10 pack on amazon. with i believe the 140 rds

15. chi-airsofter

chi-airsofter New Member

mokena
    Yeah but hat brand? Brands are a big part of the airsoft world.

16. champo98

champo98 New Member

either MAG brand or King Arms i believe. ill find it and link it up, give me a second.
    http://www.amazon.com/King-Arms-Rou...3023586&sr=8-23&keywords=airsoft+m4+magazines
    there king arms. I like the look of the Pmags better, with the imitation ammunition in them.
    what about these KWA polomer mid caps?
    http://www.amazon.com/KWA-Polymer-M...53023705&sr=8-4&keywords=airsoft+m4+magazines

there 120 rounds, instead of 75, and 6 not 5 pack for about $20 more, without shipping from evike.
    does anybody know if the KWA ones have the fake ammunition in the side or not?

17. chi-airsofter

chi-airsofter New Member

mokena
    Do not get the king arms ones. I've heard nothing but bad things about them. On the other hand I haven heard anything about those kwa mags.

18. champo98

champo98 New Member

Not sure if the KWAs fit in my JG though

19. chi-airsofter

chi-airsofter New Member

mokena
    That's why I would just go with the mag brand. They're good quality and on the cheap side.

20. champo98

champo98 New Member

really considering the pmags