M4 Hopup in VFC SCAR-H

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Courage, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Courage

Courage New Member

Lexington
    So, Ladies and Gentleman, today, I have violated a M4 hop up beyond belief to fit in a VFC SCAR-H. Now, I did this because replacement hop up units are pretty expensive for the VFC SCAR-H, at least for a broke teen. Pics are very soon to follow, as soon as I get a working computer. I'm not going to make this a how too until I actually try it out. My main concern would be really bad compression, but I have hope that I can make this work. Just a notice, this will mangle the M4 houp to the point where it cannot be repaired.

2. Fyzix

Fyzix Fyzzy Was Here. Supporting Member

Garland

3. Courage

Courage New Member

Lexington
    They are coming. Basically, what I did was cut off the feeding tube, and trimmed out the edges of the hop up chamber. So, basically because of the extended air nozzle, and the guide tube, is a perfect fit. Once I get a charged battery, I'm going to check out the compression.

4. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    3D diagram + Shapeways?
    It's really cheap to make stuffs with it.

I'm still wondering if a V2.5 GB can fit in the VFC :p

5. Courage

Courage New Member

Lexington
    What is this shapeways you speak of?

Edit: that looks cool, I might look into it as long as it's not too pricey.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  6. Adman234

Adman234 Active Member

Wildwood
    I don't get the point. Do you have a vfc scar h?

shapeways is a 3d print service, I've used them for years for my other hobbies.

7. Courage

Courage New Member

Lexington
    Yes. I have a VFC SCAR-H. Replacement Hop-up units are about $30, so to try and save money, I tried using a old M4 hop up.

8. Courage

Courage New Member

Lexington
    Update: it works, but has issues. It double feeds sometimes, so anyone's guess for that is welcome. Also, the compression makes me want ro hurt somebody badly. As of now, it shoots about 5ft.

9. Batman

Batman New Member

Wichita
    Teflon is your friend.

10. Courage

Courage New Member

Lexington
    Yes, but what would I Teflon? A lot of it needs work.

11. Batman

Batman New Member

Wichita
    Usually around the cylinder head and around the front of the bucking. (facing away from the hopup unit)
    Read griffins guide on 100% air seal.

12. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    He's having issue with nozzle/hop air seal....those won't really help on that....

To OP
    You have to move the hop close to the nozzle.
    You have too big of a gap between the nozzle and the hop that's what's causing the double feeding and horrible seal.

13. Courage

Courage New Member

Lexington
    It's in the hop up, but what I think it is is that theres open space after the end of the nozzle, so the air can just go through there.

14. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Um yea, it's called a gap which I just said. lol

You need a longer air nozzle tor solve the problem.
    Don't remember how long the VFC Mk17's nozzle it, but your best bet is probably the SR-25 Nozzle, the one that they use with regular V2 gear box, not V2.5.

15. Batman

Batman New Member

Wichita
    I still wanna know courage, how did you get scammed and how much did you pay

16. Courage

Courage New Member

Lexington
    Here's the issue: the gap that exists is where the bbs drop in, , I would block it, but it would not feed. I really want to avoid going into the gearbox. I just tried the m4 hop up to see if I could fix it for an event on the 7th (of sept). I will probably end up buying a replacement.

And hold on batman, this will take while to type.
    So I found it, payed $195 shipped for it. At the time I was being told it was a dboys. After getting it, there were some worries if the gearbox was what it said it ways or not, and with a broken hop up, and a broken bullet connector, blown fuse, and wiring issues, there was a lot to worry about. After a while of back and forth with the seller, who basically said deal with it, I was stuck. I appealed to paypal, but they said the money had been sent as a gift, so they could do nothing about it. So, after being stuck with it, after a long time in my closet while trying to sell it, I finally got it working thanks the RC techs at my local hobby town USA, great guys by the way. So now I have it working with a broken hop up. I really want to use it for the upcoming event, so I think I'm going to buy a replacement hop up.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  17. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Still don't see any pics.

BBs don't drop in for SCAR.
    They either get pushed up or forward.

18. Courage

Courage New Member

Lexington
    I'm sorry, I'm stuck on a iPad, my computers in the shop.

Sorry, I mean the area where the enter the hop up would be covered if I tried to patch the leak.

19. echo1 vmg-74

echo1 vmg-74 Active Member

Richmond
    I wanna see those pics bro.