M4 Internally suppressed

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by DawgGamer1, Jan 2, 2013.

1. DawgGamer1

DawgGamer1 New Member

Homer
    I'm looking at getting a Lonex M4 and having it internally suppressed. I will probably get the version without the RIS and then change it.

My question is what kind of internal suppressor options are there. All I have seen is the Matrix conversion kit on Evike, and I'm leaning away from it cause it is Matrix.

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=25_86_267&products_id=27823

Also, can a regular silencer be placed in the Lonex RIS version instead?

2. rich635

rich635 Active Member

Los Angeles
    Matrix externals aren't too bad, not Madbull quality but not Chinese clone either. There's also G&P Stubby Killer and Fighting Cat kits, as well as an APS Patriot kit, however they're all extremely short. I did see a Madbull Gemtech kit, however it's out of stock. You could replicate it with a 7" Gemtech/DD rail, 4" outer barrel and ~150mm Gemtech mock suppressor (I believe those are the measurements). As for something fitting in the Lonex RIS, I have no clue.

3. Archer627

Archer627 Active Member

Figgington
    Nothing will fit inside the Lonex RIS as it is of non freefloat design. It's a KAC style RIS and is two pieces held in place by two rings with bent over sides and friction.

4. DawgGamer1

DawgGamer1 New Member

Homer
    So if I get a freefloat RIS, I can just get a shorter outter barrel and a suppressor? And what do the Matrix externals compare to?

5. Robin-Hood

Robin-Hood Active Member

That matrix kit is actually the DBoys M4 SD front end. The quality is actually okay, I had one on and old M4.

6. schmidty

schmidty New Member

Washington D.C.
    There's also the madbull talon kit. I might actually have one to sell, pm me if interested.

7. Nelson

Nelson Review Guru Supporting Member

Spokane
    G&G makes one as well, unfortunately it's out of stock, and costs $160.

8. modeldemo

modeldemo New Member

Old lyme
    I have a silent cylinder head and piston head in my m4 and it slightly made less sound from the gearbox, also I heard of people making custom suppressers out of PVC tubing and foaming. If non of that works, you would only be spending about 30-40$

9. Archer627

Archer627 Active Member

Figgington
    Silent cylinder/piston heads are pointless IMO. Sorbo silences it more. You know how much enough sorbo for 15 or so guns is? $30. Also, he is not trying to suppress his gun. He is looking for the style that has the appearance of being suppressed with the suppressor shrouded by the RIS.