M4/M16 DMR, 250 Dollars To Spend

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by 123456abcdef, Nov 13, 2012.

1. 123456abcdef

123456abcdef New Member

Chapel Hill
    I want a gun with very high fps, so high that it can contest with sniper rifles, accurate, full and semi auto, not too big, a spotters gun, and it has to be an M4 or an M16, any suggestions?

2. 123456abcdef

123456abcdef New Member

Chapel Hill
    And a retractable stock

3. Duke

Duke New Member

Well first of all you can't buy it. So that's not an option. DMRs are built not bought. In addition DMRs usually do not have full auto. FPS isn't everything, and do you want to DM or Spot? Some answers will help us help you.

4. Mel

Mel New Member

Marietta
    * facepalm* High FPS doesn't mean anything except not being allowed in fields and blowing your gearbox. Also, you stated that you wanted a rifle that isn't "too big", yet you say an M16 is fine. What do you define as "too big"?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  5. bal1

bal1 New Member

An m16 isn't big at all, I use my m16 for cqb all the time. It's not a short version either,It's a full sized m16.

6. 123456abcdef

123456abcdef New Member

Chapel Hill
    Spotters rifle, retractable stock.

7. S1kkguy

S1kkguy New Member

London
    learn how to tech before going into dmr/high speed builds. My generic advice to you.

8. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Well what do you define as big? A m16 is a rather long rifle, there's no saying its not big. Anyways, your not going to be competing with true sniper rifles in your budget. Also, fps isn't everything, and your field probably won't allow a full auto gun with a high fps. The hop up and barrel is where its at.

9. bal1

bal1 New Member

My version of big is, a gun that is something larger than me that I can't carry around and get kills with, most weapons meet the criteria of being smaller than me by far. But the m16 is not at all big I find it to be the perfect size.

10. Axis

Axis New Member Supporting Member

Learn how to work on your own guns first. In the meantime, save up your money. It takes a lot more than $250 to build a DMR.

11. Sniper6299

Sniper6299 New Member

First I all FPS does not really matter that much unless it is really really low. You also say you don't want a very big gun, and you want to be a spotter. The person who spots me while I snipe does have an M4, and it is just a regular M4.

12. 123456abcdef

123456abcdef New Member

Chapel Hill
    Ok thanks. Doing a little thinking and research and using all of this information I think that an M4 would be good. Maybe a KWA SR7? I know that it has a shorter barrel but barrel length doesn't effect range or accuracy in airsoft does it? The gun comes with a nice hop up stock and I could get a 6.01 tightbore and then I would have a decently accurate gun, right? Or am I blowing smoke out my a** trying to convince myself that this will be a good purchase?

13. Napple

Napple New Member

Good gun. But barrell length does have to do with accuracy and range to a point.

14. Finalencounter

Finalencounter Duke of Penguins Supporting Member

Warrenton
    Don't get a 6.01! That size is basically only good for short ranges. I'd get a Prommy 6.03.

15. 123456abcdef

123456abcdef New Member

Chapel Hill
  16. 123456abcdef

123456abcdef New Member

Chapel Hill
    The gun comes with a 6.05, would a 6.03 make a significant difference?

17. Col1500

Col1500 New Member

Kent
    That gun will work fine. A 6.03 Madbull or Prometheus tightbore (depending on your budget) will do better though. Barrel length DOES NOT affect accuracy unless you're using really heavy BBs. A longer barrel just gives heavier BBs more time to accelerate to their peak velocity. You could easily run .25s or .28s through a standard M4 and have weight to spare. With that being said, I'd still get an SR10 unless you're going to be using this gun in CQB as well. But if you like the look or just want a shorter gun, then an SR7 is fine. To be accurate you want to tune your hopup, but the KWA 2GX hopup bucking is decent enough when you have a sniper right next to you. lol

Quality of the bore > inner diameter

18. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    No, just a slight difference.

19. 123456abcdef

123456abcdef New Member

Chapel Hill
    Thanks everyone for your advice, what is the lowest weight bb's that I should use with the gun?

20. Finalencounter

Finalencounter Duke of Penguins Supporting Member

Warrenton
    Well, I personally would go lower than .23gs, but that's open for debate. DMRs should typically uses .30s IIRC.