M4 Magazine Compatibility

Discussion in 'General Accessory Discussion' started by King-Witt, Jul 30, 2012.

1. King-Witt

King-Witt Member

Wood River
    So, I made a stupid mistake and traded my flash mags for six mid caps. Now, normally, that'd be fine but stupid me didn't take my AEG with me when I traded. Turns out, the mags won't fit. The magazine catch won't catch. The guy owned, if I remember correctly, a combat machine and said the mags were metal STAR 90rnds. I own an E1 stag arms m4 plastic body. Anyone know specifically why these won't work with mine, and what brand will? Or, is there any way to rig them to make them work? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

2. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    Can you take some pictures of the mags? Specifically the tops.

3. King-Witt

King-Witt Member

Wood River
    Well, I'm currently at work, but I will as soon as I get home. Any suggestions until then?

4. King-Witt

King-Witt Member

Wood River
    Here are the pictures...

Attached Files:

5. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    sometimes mags just dont fit. E1 has problems with some mags. The Troys dont like to fit pmags because they wont catch and at the same time, some mag brand mags fit and others dont. E1 has a horrible time with mag compatibility... My E1 SCAR didnt like any mags but beta project pmags and hicaps. my pts pmags wouldnt fit

6. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    +1 Some guns just don't like certain mags.

I have this same problem with my ICS. It's super picky. I have a total of 7 mags and only 3 of them work in it.

7. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    If they aren't catching you make the little indentation where the catch would normally go a little bigger.

8. King-Witt

King-Witt Member

Wood River
    Okay, reviving my thread for some more help. I got the magazines to work. It turns out the stock hop up unit was preventing the magazine from going far enough into the magazine well. It fixed itself when I installed the Madbull ultimate hop up.

Now, for the next issue.. Where can I find some more magazines? I'm looking for good metal black mid caps. Any suggestions?

9. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    Although they are not metal I would highly suggest you try magpul p-mags. 120 rounds and I've never had feeding issues with them. Really great magazines just a little pricey, although there are cheaper ones out there (beta project I think makes some?) I personally love the magpul ones.

10. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

Beta projects are junk for me and those magpul pmags arent metal. I would suggest MAG midcaps.
    http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=23_56_429&products_id=25388 they arent metal. But they are always recommend

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  11. levirocks

levirocks #FreeNuggy Lifetime Supporter

arlington
  12. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

Pencil...obviously I know that I have beta mags and my friend has Pmags.

13. levirocks

arlington
    Also those mag mids are plastic.

14. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

I thought I said they wernt. Oh forgot to add the n't to are.

15. levirocks

arlington
    You still need to edit the part about the P-mags.

16. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

Dang your right lol. I'm all messed up tonight.

17. ShooterMcgavin

ShooterMcgavin New Member

New Port News
    Get the Mag brand metal midcaps.

18. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    I know there not metal I said that in my above post.... And I was suggesting the beta project as a low cost alternative to the magpul ones (which I originally said he should get).

19. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

20. King-Witt

King-Witt Member

Wood River
    I'm really not a huge fan of the look of the P-Mags, and the MAG brand (plastic) black ones look pretty grey to me. Does MAG actually make metal ones? I've been looking for days and have never found any.. Guess the JG metal mid caps are crap? How about those KA plastic 120rd mags; any difference between those and MAG?

Anyone know what brand these are and if they're any good? http://www.ebay.com/itm/10x-Airsoft-M4-M16-Metal-70Rd-Standard-Cap-Mag-JG-ICS-/390317671735?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5ae0bf0537