m4 modification

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by HUonslaught, Oct 17, 2012.

1. HUonslaught

HUonslaught New Member

I was planning on either making it into a sniper style but just saw some really sick cqb/ Shorties. Any suggestions

2. HUonslaught

HUonslaught New Member

Its a g&g, w/ a Crane stock, and regular M4 handgaurd

3. xXTacoMcFacoXx

xXTacoMcFacoXx New Member

Well which style do you prefer?

4. HUonslaught

HUonslaught New Member

I honestly am more towards sniper. I like the feild a little more. Plus we okay alot at my deer lease and its mostly open feilds/ brush.

5. xXTacoMcFacoXx

What about handguard style? Here are some examples but there are many others. Do some research to find out what you like.

mod0.jpg

sr12.jpg

6. stroop66

stroop66 New Member

The first one is a mk. 21, mk.20, its an mk somethin. Not sure though. But Im not positive its an m4 varient

7. HUonslaught

HUonslaught New Member

I've mostly been looking at the long r.i.s. rails. Probably gonna get some sort of a matrix brand r.i. s.

8. xXTacoMcFacoXx

I googled mk.12 mod 0 to show off that particular style. My personal favourite :D.

9. HUonslaught

HUonslaught New Member

Yeah. I like that one too. But question. Should I stick with the crane-stock or go with the traditional m16 stock.

10. xXTacoMcFacoXx

Completely up to you. Full stock generally has more battery capacity while crane stock is more adjustable and in my opinion, looks better aswell.

11. cysko

cysko New Member

Ok what do you play more? What's the fps limit? What are the ranges you would be shooting at? What is your budget?

12. cysko

cysko New Member

Also do you want only externals upgrades or internal as well? if internal, do you want like barrel/hop-up unit? Or gearbox also?

13. stroop66

stroop66 New Member

Yeah I have to agree! That is a really nice modification! I also really like the one you have in your profile pic.

14. HUonslaught

HUonslaught New Member

I'm just doin barrel/stock/sight modifications man. Chilllll......... k.. Ya. I honestly like the feeling of the crane-stock better anyways. I'm definitely getting some sort of lonrange sight. We do teams of 2 usually. I'm cover while my friend is sniper. But I like to try to pick em off to. We usually play around our whole property ( 132 acres.) Long games usually.

15. stroop66

stroop66 New Member

If your going to make it a sniper. make it a sniper. Your not going to be picking them off with a longer barrel and sight. You need internal stuff. Its basically like saying im going to put a longer barrel on my pistol and go snipe. its just not going to happen. If your going to do it. do it right.

completely un related note: Im finally a senior member. How did that happen?

16. HUonslaught

HUonslaught New Member

Ok. Well that raises my budget to a Max. Suggestions on gear box. And another thing. Can't find a way to get the gear box out of the lower receiver. How do i

17. stroop66

stroop66 New Member

All you need is a new spring, new barrel, new buckings, and some other stuff. Just cant think of it at the moment.

18. HUonslaught

HUonslaught New Member

19. cysko

cysko New Member

I would suggest getting a lonex red piston, SHS m150 spring, metal spring guide(if you don't already have one) lonex high torque gears, lonex piston head, double O-ring cylinder head, and a new air nozzle. Also try a Lonex orange a2 high torque motor.

That will bump 1. Your fps up a lot.
    2. Your range and durability of your gearbox, and also make sure to get some good, heavy bb's.

Also try a matrix 509mm 6.03 tbb, and a madbull 75 degree hop up bucking. If your barrel isn't long enough, just get a 6in barrel extension.

Now for your stock and battery, if you like your crane stock, you can use that but if you want to change it...I would go to an echo 1 m16a2 full stock and get yourself a nice 7.4v or 11.1v lipo battery( don't forget a lipo smart charger).

If you want a longer rail for the barrel extension, look into UTG 12" free float rail(if you don't already have it, you will need to get a "real" style delta ring for this also).

20. cysko

cysko New Member

On most m4's all you need to do it take out the mag catch, take off the hand grip, upper receiver, the buffer tube, there is a pin next to the trigger guard that you'll need to pop out also, and your hop up unit ( if its a 2 piece unit), then the gearbox will pull right out) with a little wiggling), don't forget to watch your wires!!