M4 or G36?

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by mijo562, Oct 8, 2012.

1. mijo562

mijo562 New Member

whittier
    I feel very comfortable with both rifles and this is making it very hard for me to make a choice on which weapon i want to purchase. I want to M4 because i want to make a MGS4 replica rifle which i love the feel and look are great. But i really do like the design and feel of the G36 plus i have used it in the past and loved it. But i do notice it is a little harder to find things for the G36 right now. Any tips for a new player trying to make the right choice. Both would be Full metal electric rifles.

2. SkyWaffle

SkyWaffle Top Gear Enthusiast Supporting Member

Jersey Shore
    You should go with the G36C. You have experience with it and love the feel. So don't get a new gun to change the feel. Stick with what you truly like.

3. mijo562

mijo562 New Member

whittier
    I truly think i want the M4 only because the gear is alot easier to find, such as Mag pouches, RIS, and other equipment. Do you know who makes AEG full metal models though. I can't find them anywhere. Only place i found it was out of stock.

4. svdgodofairsoft

svdgodofairsoft New Member

Im new to airsoft and im thinking about the jg g36 because of the strong fps it has

5. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Can you give us a link to the m4 and g36, because for all we know they could be lpegs? It all comes down to personal prefrence until you tell us which models you are looking at. I personally use the g36 but prefer the ar platform so I will be switching over. But remember g36 magazines don't fit into pouches very well.

6. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but there's a new MagPul mag out for G36s that can fit in a M4 mag pouch.

7. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Yeah its called the g-mag. But I think they are expensive and just plain old ugly IMO.

8. Munishin

Munishin Well-Known Member

Goodyear
  9. mijo562

mijo562 New Member

whittier
  10. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Don't get either with you budget. Get any vfc m4. And first of all never order from airsoft megastore. Evike has a lot of vfc guns. Also, consider looking into some g&p guns.

11. mijo562

mijo562 New Member

whittier
    Well there is no budget, I just like both R36K style and the look of the M4. I am looking to get a Full Metal HPE (High Proformace Eletric) AR. But I just prefer either of these style, I won't ever buy online just because i want to hold it before I purchase the product to make sure I am happy and comfortable with it since I am buying it haha. Their are plenty of store I can go to, but i would rather get the opinion of people that play then the people that are trying to make money, even though they love the sport and play also.

12. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Buy a vfc them. They will not disapoint, you really don't need to hold a vfc before buying it. They are just great all around guns.

13. mijo562

mijo562 New Member

whittier
    Seriously, i played paintball on the national level for 7 years and no one was this helpful. I feel like the airsoft community is really welcoming and helpful. I just hope everyone is like this when i get out to the fields. But i will most diff look into the VFC. You will soon be seeing posts about good molle vest brands and everything else haha

14. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

That's because paintball is stupid. ;). Anyways yes definitively look at the vfcs. If you don't like any of those, check out some g&p. Also, king arms is nice too, and its almost impossible to get a lemon from them.

15. mijo562

mijo562 New Member

whittier
    I was looking at King Arms earlier this week. But i think i might have fallen in love with VFC Full Metal M4 MK18 2 tone, but I am not very savy on upping the FPS on an airsoft rifle. This rifle shoots about 300-350 how much would it take to up it to around 410+ FPS. Price is not an issue, but what i do want to know what it would take to up it.

16. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Why do you want the fps higher? Fps doesn't have as much of an effect on the range of the gun than you would think. 410 fps is probably over the fps limit at your field as well.

17. ShooterMcgavin

ShooterMcgavin New Member

New Port News
    Hopup upgrades before FPS upgrades. If you want the upgrade that gets you the best distance. FPS is only good for using heavier BBs (gives you betterconsistency and some range) and for shooting through brush.

18. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

But if you really want to up the fps for some reason a new spring would be the best.

19. mijo562

mijo562 New Member

whittier
    That is the exact reason, the field we are playing at allows 450 max but we are going to be firing .23 bb's

But is every gun hopup upgrades compatible? and what is the difference between hopup upgrades and fps upgrades.

20. S1kkguy

S1kkguy New Member

London
    Hop up upgrades are related to how well a bb will behave once the air nozzle has pushed concentrated air behind it. Focus here will improve accuracy and range sometimes damatically.

FPS upgrades are related to the parts that create the concentrated air behind the BB, so as you can probably understand, more air pressure will not = more range + more accuracy. Maybe a little more range, but not so much EFFECTIVE range.