m4 or m16

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by ModernBadCompany, Sep 5, 2012.

1. ModernBadCompany

ModernBadCompany New Member

Is there anything at all that makes the m16 worth pursuing instead, I have space to use both but I want to know will a g&p m16 beat a g&p m4 cqb or stubby?

I have heard mixed conclusions, I am talking at ranges of 200ft at max, will the m16 outperform at all?

I know there are other threads but I need to know and settle this in my head forever because I have heard novices and professionals agree on both sides from all over

Thank you but if you play cqb or are non experienced in field play and/or sniping ( they know accuracy) please don't comment on this

2. MilsimM16a3

MilsimM16a3 New Member

Chihuahua
    The m16 will have a little bit better range but not too big. I own the G&P m4 sopmod and i put in a stubby barrel and i can hit a target at 200 ft. So it depends if you play field or cqb. If you play cqb i would say go with the stubby or cqb gun, but if you play field go with the m16. The only difference between the M4 and M16 variants is the customization of the guns. You will have a lot more options for upgrading the M4 rather than the m16. This is mainly personal preference. G&P guns do have problems with single fire, I would recommend getting new shims and maybe a new motor depending on the gun.

3. Nelson

Nelson Review Guru Supporting Member

Spokane
    You described two vey different guns there, one the stubby which is a CQB style gun, and the other an m16 which has a 509mm barrel for field use, what are you using it for?

4. wolf00

wolf00 New Member

M16 dont have much railing from what ive seen i would get an m4 also m4s are better for cqb

5. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    What do you mean by don't have much railing? They have a lot more rail space than m4s and it's not exactly hard to find an RIS for m16s.

6. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    The M16A4 featuring the KAC M5 RIS disagrees.
    [​IMG]
    I would go M16 for the sake of not having an M4, a full stock that is already rear wired, and a ris long enough to accommodate my long arms since I reach really far up, but that's just me.

7. wolf00

wolf00 New Member

8. marine121496

Ann Arbor
    ....You realize you can change the way your gun looks like add a RIS for example....And you do see how ihop has his m16 WITH RIS up there.

9. wolf00

wolf00 New Member

I know but you asked me so i answered, thats just a small point also m4s are a little smaller and in my opinion better for cqb

10. marine121496

Ann Arbor
    Wolf did you even read the first part of this thread? HE CLEARLY is not talking cqb.

11. wolf00

wolf00 New Member

Ahhh, no i did not, i see now, i type and not think, forgive me

12. ModernBadCompany

I do play field and I want a flexible gun for mainly three jobs; longer range targets, main battle, and counter sniping

Most targets I can get within 200ft and my friends have kwa lm4 so I need to out preform them and get them to go g&p for their next gun.

Any particular models of g&p m16(or m4) do you guys like?

13. Nelson

Nelson Review Guru Supporting Member

Spokane
    Guess I skimmed through your last post maybe not the kwa but maybe try the VFC for a nice change, it's a fantastic price for a well performing gun, with the QC that VFC brings to the table

14. ModernBadCompany

I'm still looking around at vfc g&g g&p and other brands and g&p looks the best so far

15. wolf00

wolf00 New Member

Yea if i where you i would go with the g&p its definatly the best for you

16. GreenListerine

GreenListerine New Member

Redwolf is fine. If you want a G&P check out ehobbyasia

17. GreenListerine

GreenListerine New Member

Well, yes. But it's still cheaper then buying from the u.s. in most cases