M4 Pmags? Good buy or meh?

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by diamonddogs97, Jun 14, 2015.

1. diamonddogs97

diamonddogs97 New Member

Hanford
    Airsplat (i know they arent the best) has a huge clearance sale on a bunch of stuff. They got 50 Round M4 "pmag"s for a measely 4 dollars. I bought three, but what exactly is a "pmag"? Does it stand for something? Any of u out there use mags with a real low cap?

http://www.airsplat.com/airsoft-m4-polymer-50-round-pmag-de.html

2. Mafiapenguin

Mafiapenguin New Member

I actually just bought 5 magazines very similar to those from Evike with the only exception being they were 70 rounders and from what I can tell they're very high quality and tacticool.

3. moomoose

moomoose Member

Eagle
    The term PMag comes from real steel and is short for polymer magazine (I believe). In airsoft PMags are primarily purchased for looks. They have the same internals as a "standard" STANAG magazine, but look nicer (or at least that's the general consensus).

4. diamonddogs97

diamonddogs97 New Member

Hanford
    Figured..lol. 50 rounds is def not a lot but i have a sidearm in case i get caught in a sticky situation lol.

5. Magpulman

Magpulman Active Member

Stevenson
    I've fiddled around with those short repro pmags. Feeding is wretched....... But, a good tech never backs down from a challenge.

6. Rushin

Rushin Well-Known Member

Kalamazoo
    The A&K short 70 rnd Pmags are actually amazing and feed flawlessly. Not sure about these.

The actual PTS mags that are something stupid like $30 a pop are pretty cool, they have an extra long follower that actually goes all the way into your hop chamber so it fires every last round.

I'd stick with the A&K ones. They're not cheapy and are only something like 7 bucks.

7. diamonddogs97

diamonddogs97 New Member

Hanford
    Yea i just picked a couple up cause i just thought "what the hell why not" lol
    hope they feed decent

8. Rushin

Rushin Well-Known Member

Kalamazoo
    Heh, I go through that sometimes. Tell us how they are!

9. Iram

Iram Member

Austin
    It's specifically the model name Magpul Industries uses to sell their plastic magazines.

Not all plastic mags a Pmags. https://www.magpul.com/products/pmag-magazines

10. diamonddogs97

diamonddogs97 New Member

Hanford
  11. diamonddogs97

diamonddogs97 New Member

Hanford
    Definitely! as soon as they come in i'll test them out :)

12. diamonddogs97

diamonddogs97 New Member

Hanford
    Here are the 50 Round M4 Pmags. Shipping was ridiculously fast! Good job Airsplat :) .

They feel really durable so far. Feeding is spot on expect the last 3-4 wont feed, but i did buy three for 25 bucks so still quite the steal if you ask me. As you can see in the attached files i doubled two up, for obvious reason (quicker reloading). They come with a polymer top cover as well im guessing for transportation, to make sure they dont get dirty. Id give these 4 stars! If you have an M4 and want some spare, "low cap" magazines, def get some of these they're only 4 bucks right now on Airsplats clearance section!

Attached Files:

13. Rushin

Rushin Well-Known Member

Kalamazoo
    Funky! So what kind of RPS are you running in your weapon?

14. Snarfdog

Snarfdog New Member

Just bought 5. Shipping was a little overkill at $14, but hey, $35 for 5 new PMAGs isn't a bad deal. We'll see how they hold up over the long run though. Also I'll test them at around 30 rps.

15. Jerichow

Jerichow Member

Lakeville
    Been considering getting a handful of these for a friend's Scar-L I just finished putting back together for him. He doesn't know how much he shoots but I figured at just shy of $4/mag and $4.99 flat rate shipping(elite membership ftw) this isn't a terrible deal at all, especially after you guys say they feed well.

Now I just have to hope and pray they stay in stock long enough for me to have enough money to buy him some.

16. Snarfdog

Snarfdog New Member

Short mags in SCAR-L's look terrible IMO. Trust me, I've tried it. The receivers are just too fat and blocky to look good with such a little magazine. Of course that's all subjective, but it's something to consider before you buy a bunch of them.

17. diamonddogs97

diamonddogs97 New Member

Hanford
    I dont even know lol, not very much Per sec forsure.

18. diamonddogs97

diamonddogs97 New Member

Hanford
    Nice! Would like to see how they fair when going 30 RPS