M4 Ris kit problems!

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by JAMEZAW9, Mar 13, 2010.

1. JAMEZAW9

JAMEZAW9 New Member

London
    Hi,

I have now got a really annoying problem. I now have a RIS kit for my M4 and it doesn't fit but I reckon it should and will. Please look at the attachments and give advice. As you can see the RIS Kit is just a little too big to fit between the delta ring and the retainer. Are there any solutions to this?
    If it includes removing the front sight I have another problem. I was told that in order to use my flip up front sight I needed a gas tube for it to work, however the gas tube is marginally too big for the hole on the flip up sight. I reckon if I hammer it in it will fit in. Also it came with a tiny black tube which fits in a hole at the end of the gas tube, see attachment. How do I use this.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Pathfinder

Pathfinder New Member

Bay Area
    Hey is your model gun the JG M4 Carbine Commando (upgraded version)? If so I have the same gun, and was wondering to put a M4 RIS rail on it like you do, so I hope someone can please help him! :)

3. MFairtap

MFairtap New Member

It looks like you need to move up your front sights so the RIS can fit between it.

4. JAMEZAW9

JAMEZAW9 New Member

London
    Cheers MFairtrap, I now have all my parts to do up the front end of my gun, when it is done it will look awesome and I'll put some pics up :D

5. MFairtap

MFairtap New Member

Can't wait to see :]