M4 SOPMOD kit

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by HUNK, Aug 16, 2012.

1. HUNK

HUNK New Member

Lee's Summit
    I'm working on building a SOPMOD styled M4 based on the older Block I. I won't have every component an exact copy of the original, but I will use kit that I find in my styles of gameplay to be very useful. I'll list off what I intend to use, then the weapons I want to use and why. This would technically be my first good quality AEG, so I want to make a good enough decision and have room for what I want to add to it. If there is an option that is good, but I didn't list, please let me know.

So far, I realize I'd use the following attachments:
    NcStar Aimpont replica, mounted on a cantilever mount
    Replica ACOG (red/green dot non zoom variant)
    AR15 styled scope (carry handle/weaver rail mounted)
    RIS unit, non free-float
    Vertical foregrip
    M203
    Older (XM177E2) stock
    MOE stock
    MOE handguard
    MOE vertical grip
    Barrel extension (tracer/non tracer)

M4's I see possible to use:
    Classic Army M15A4 Sportline
    G&G Combat Machine
    ICS M4 Sportline
    JG M4 Enhanced*
    JG M733C**
    Elite Force M4
    King Arms M4

*Using JG as a last resort. Would really like to avoid using a M4 that didn't come with a real rifle styled delta ring, but since it does come as with an aftermarket part, I'll manage.

**With the M733C, I'd be able to switch from late Cold War to present times. More money goes into having a separate receiver, but then I could do a BHD loadout. I could always do that kit separate, but still could be an option.

I've spent quite sometime researching this topic. I'm not trying to sound like an expert, because I know I'm not, but I did put forth some effort in figuring out what to do. Again any help, tips, advice when going into this build after picking the weapon would be helpful.

2. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    NcStar sucks, get a G&P aimpoint. Similarly, red dot ACOGs suck, get a magnified version. You need an LMT SOPMOD stock or LE stock for SOPMOD kit. MOE everything is a no-go. If you get an M203, it needs to be barrel mounted, not rail mounted. For your rifle, pony up the dough and get a G&P. Or, if you want something that looks the part but might need some TLC, get a King Arms.

http://www.airsoftstation.com/king-arms-colt-m4a1-full-metal-aeg.html

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012

3. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    Airsoft Club has a nice G&P Aimpoint replica for $30. It's worth checking out.

Also I would save up more money or slow the pace down on your project in order to buy the best replica items available. Because spending a small amount of money and buying NC Star this and NC Star that will just leave you with a huge pile of crap when you are done.

And like kneef said, buy a better base M4. Check out Classic Army X-Series, G&P, VFC, etc. You can also find great used items on Craigslist/eBay/Classifieds.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  4. HUNK

HUNK New Member

Lee's Summit
    G&P aimpont: Got it
    Magnified ACOG: might take some time before acquiring, but got it
    No MOE: Got it
    Better M4: Got it. I'll look into both products before making that decision. Not really based on budget, but on my personal preference.

LMT or LE stock: Got it. However, I'm building the kit based off of an older M4 with the original style of stock. I will keep the LE stock, but I personally prefer the former.

Never found that website when I searched, thank you for showing me this. I didn't know too much about NC Star products, other than that I see them everywhere. Found the red dot, and will be getting my hands on it soon as I can.