M4a1 DMR/sniper

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by Darek, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Darek

Darek New Member

Ok I thought it would be a great idea to become a rifleman so I decided to buy an ICS colt licensed m4a1 so I played with that for a while,and I hated it. I have always been the sniper and have always loved it since I hate having a ton of people's sights on me. So I figured since I never got a whole lot of action as a sniper but way too much as a rifleman so I figured I would just be the guy in the middle,the dm so I took the scope off my fathers real steel sniper and put my bipod on so externally it looks awesome but internally is just another AEG and the only mods I have don't so far is the teflon mod on the head of the watcha-macallit.i never have been the person to remember the name of every single part of an Airsoft gun I just open up one and check it out and am pretty proficient in the ics gearbox,and any spring gun. Anyway sorry for all that I kind of got carried away,so what I wanted in this DMR is accuracy and fps along with being silent so I would more consider it a short barreled sniper rifle since it is more compact and I'm a smaller person(I'm not a midget I'm just a little under average height as in a couple inches) so I live the compact feel and lightweight the current specs of the gun are

-400 fps I believe not 100% sure though I hear mixed like 400 and sometimes 300

-brass barrel (not sure on any other specs other then that) I think it's a 6.14 since it is just as accurate as my utg master sniper

-high speed motor

That's all I could find about the gun and I wanted it to have

-Titanium everything,because I have researched and am guessing it is the strongest

-450-500 fps (m150 spring I am guessing)

-more accuracy I currently use ignite .2 gram bbs in the gun

-a nice hopup unit maybe Marui for gliding bbs

And I just need help on what to buy my budget is $150 for the main stuff and the rest less important stuff I Have no budget on.

2. GreenListerine

GreenListerine New Member

So you want to make your m4 into a DMR, correct? With $150 budget? And the only goals are 500fps and accuracy?

3. Darek

Darek New Member

Yeah pretty much and most the budget is for the titanium stuff

4. Fyzix

Fyzix Fyzzy Was Here. Supporting Member

Garland
    Wait. Titanium stuff? Huh?

And good luck getting into a field with a 500+ FPS DMR. Most fields only allow DMRs to be 450. At the least.

Aside from FPS and accuracy, you'll need range. A TBB, good nub, good compression and heavier bbs (.25-.28 for 450+, .3+ for 500+) should give you plenty of range. It will also help with the accuracy part.

5. Darek

Darek New Member

And I decided to more consider it a sniper rifle so I could have higher fps ;) but I have been looking at the deepfire stuff

6. GreenListerine

Well here is a simple list for a DMR set up (assuming your gun is stock)

Gearbox:
    -m140 or higher (got 515 fps with a m145)
    -SHS 15 steel tooth piston with sorbo and neoprene
    -lonex POM piston with #14 o-ring
    -neo torque motor (JG blue, element, SHS, lonex)
    -steel bushings
    -XYT 18:1's work fine
    -16awg wiring, MOSFET, deans

Hop up:
    -prommy or madbull 6.03
    -flat hop or r-hop paired with m-nub
    -prommy purple bucking

DIY mods:
    -shim via bevel and re-grease
    -correct AoE (with the sorbo and neoprene)
    -airseal (o-rings and Teflon tape)
    -barrel stabilizing and shimming hop up arm
    -epoxy piston rack and bushings if needed
    -radius cylinder window
    -disable full-auto

7. Darek

Darek New Member

Thank you also I was thinking since this is an ics I could also buy a boneyard gun like mine and use the upper receiver so I could if I ever want to go
    to aeg so going aeg could be 2 pins so I could also have a sidearm so I could get around my mother saying I could only have 2 guns that's why I bought an ics and decided to upgrade it and I'm selling my sniper so I could buy an ics mp5 and upgrade it so much it's not even a mp5 anymore so I could have the mp5 as just the base gun and buy a ton of gearboxes and shells and have a ton of guns and since I can tech really well for my you g age and smaller size I am a pain in the butt to hit (dammit I got off topic again I've got to work on that)

8. GreenListerine

Edit: Just buy different uppers receivers and gearboxes for whatever situation you need. That way you can easily swap between matches..

Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
  9. Darek

Darek New Member

That's kind of what I meant to say I just have been drinking coffee lately so I feel like this
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLd9MZYQwy0&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

10. GreenListerine

Please focus and stay on topic so we can help you. Do you need anything else?

11. Darek

Darek New Member

Nothing else other then more money ;)

12. GreenListerine

Alright, good luck. Ask if you have any questions.

13. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Don't waste your money on Deep Fire parts, their "Titanium" line is a joke. Listen to GreenListerine, knows what he's talking about. Stick to SHS and Lonex parts, best bang for the buck on the market. The SHS 15 teeth piston mentioned by GreenListerine is a very good piston. He's also right on target with the recommended motors.

14. Darek

Darek New Member

If both you say so and since when it comes to internal parts

Attached Files: