m700 or mk11

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by ModernBadCompany, Aug 20, 2012.

1. ModernBadCompany

ModernBadCompany New Member

I am thinking of getting one of these kjw models as a slinged sidearm. I got the idea from people doing it with shotguns. Which kjw gun is better for accuracy, upgrades and mobility

2. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

I belive the m700 is a bolt action rifle. If it is then if should NOT be used as a side arm.

3. ModernBadCompany

What I will do is swap for range
    is the accuracy differ enough after barrel upgrade to 6.02 bore

4. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

The barrel does not have much to do with accuracy, it is the hop up. Remember it takes lots of money to make a sniper rifle a good platform on the battle field. I would go with a gbb sub machine gun like the kwa mp9 or the kwa mp7 or the kwa mac 11.

5. pelster491

pelster491 New Member

I agree I personally want a kwa mp9 as a side arm they are awesome but for now I'm stuck with the ns2 usp. And about accuracy yes hop up is the most important which is why I just placed an order for the pdi hop up chamber , cylinder head and hop up rubber this is cool cause I can now use aeg cut barrels . As a result I also picked up a 455 mm pdi 6.01 tightbore. If your in the market for pdi upgrade parts now is the time to buy cause airsoft Atlanta is doing 30% off pdi upgrade parts :))

6. ModernBadCompany

Those are not quite snipers, still cool guns.

Could the mk11 have potential for ranges of 100+ meters?

7. thatoneguy

thatoneguy New Member

Lakeville
    Hah! You would have to pump in a few hundred dollars of upgrades to make a sniper shoot 300 ft.

8. Batman

Batman New Member

Wichita
    MK11 is the socom version of the M110/SR25 I believe...In other words a huge arse sniper rifle. Do you mean the M11 (Mac 11)

9. ModernBadCompany

10. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

No it is not a Luger conversion. It is based off of a ruger pistol.

11. Sharp

Sharp Member

Waukesha
    The MKII has only a little upgradability. The M700 has eons. As a big advocate for the M700, I'd say go with that, upgrading is quite easy and there's lots of information out there on what goes good. With a well tuned and upgraded hop up (with R-hop), decent barrel, and a good load of gas 300ft isn't much of a stretch for the m700 with good heavy bbs, heck I'd say 400ft is quite possible once you get an HPA/Co2 rig.

12. pelster491

pelster491 New Member

Is there a place where I can purchase a rhop already installed on a barrel or send my barrel to get a rhop installed? Sorry If I sound dumb but I've only heard of the rhop never seen pics or anything like that

13. Sharp

Sharp Member

Waukesha
    You can hire techs to do it for you, I know Star_Folder use to at least and he's a wonderful tech. You probably could just post an ad in the Classifieds on ASF asking for an r-hop'd barrel done by someone with tech experience and references to back up their work.

Clandestine also has them in and out of stock every now and then.

14. pelster491

pelster491 New Member

Ok I'll look into that thank you

15. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    Well, ti is entirely up to you. Either you can lug with you a gun that is heavy and bulky, but shoots well, or you can get a small lightweight gun with almost no menas of upgrade.

16. pelster491

pelster491 New Member

I'd just run a m700 on hpa and be done with it. Who cares if it's heavy ur not supposed to run and gun with a sniper rifle.

17. ModernBadCompany

Im trying to support my sqaud, my other friend is buying a m249 saw for gunning

Ill get m700 non takedown

18. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Wait when you said support, do you mean being a support gunner? If you want the range why don't you just run the m700 as your main weapon? You don't need full auto if you have a support gunner. IMO full auto is only good for suppresing. So if you want the range just go with the m700. Then if you want something smaller and capable of semi auto magic fire you could get a TM pistol which has great range too.

19. ModernBadCompany

We have a rule no over 400fps shots at under 100 feet