Made a mistake.

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by Stormrider009, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Stormrider009

Stormrider009 New Member

I bought a sniper that is apparently not good at all, so I'm looking to get something different

Price- $100-150
    gun type- AEG
    Model- Any

please help.

2. Nelson

Nelson Review Guru Supporting Member

Spokane
    Best options

CYMA AK, really any model above the cm.028

JG M4- this is going to require some tuning, but if tuned can last a really long time.

G&G cm16-this is going to be a good stock gun for you, it's not going to require tuning, but will take more to upgrade later.

All of those are around the ~$130 range.

Edit: and don't worry, when I started airsoft I made the sniper mistake to-__- at least you know now.

3. Stormrider009

Stormrider009 New Member

haha well I come from the people who made the ghilie suit, so I'm destined to at least want to snipe. but thanks man, I'll look into those

4. Fyzix

Fyzix Fyzzy Was Here. Supporting Member

Garland
    What?

And to keep this post on topic, check out the JG G36c, CYMA AK (CM.028 or higher). They're the best beginner guns on the market, imo. The Combat Machine has some problems that make me not like to recommend it (bad wiring, crap motor, not heat treated gears, etc)... I'd skip the CM line if I was you...

5. Nelson

Spokane
    Ah thanks for adding JG G36c I forgot that. As far as the CM line goes I would still recommend for its ability to be a decent stock gun. It doesn't need any tuning or anything to run well for a good long time. Though they have their flaws, they are a good stock performer for a new player.

6. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior
  7. Thestig

Thestig Some say... Supporting Member

Colorado Springs and Southern California
    Those were the old CMs. The new ones have a lot of issues.

8. Nelson

Spokane
    I know the whole CM line. I've owned both the first gen and new/2nd gen. Yes the first gens were just a solid all around entry level gun, but, even the new ones are still good.

They, as a stock gun, are still good. The parts in them work well with each other, and each other only, which makes upgrading a bit more expensive and taxing. Though the parts in them aren't what they use to be they are good, and I really like how they come because the shim job is actually half decent.

9. Rearrs

Rearrs New Member

ESCONDIDO
    You could try to check out the ASGI g4s

10. Nelson

Spokane
    I wouldn't go that far. I may have suggested the CM line for his price range of $100-$150, which every g4 is out of, but, you could get way better for the cost of the g4 series.

11. Stormrider009

Stormrider009 New Member

I am looking into the JG 636c, and so far i like what I've seen. i found it on sale for $160 with a red dot sight.

12. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior
    Well you should get one from evike for 115$ pick up a red dot from there and then use there 20% of coupon and you'll save a lot of money.

13. ajharl

ajharl Member

Largo
    Try an Echo1/Snow Wolf M28

14. Nelson

Spokane
    Did you not read the OP? He said he made the mistake of buying a sniper rifle, he doesn't want another one.