Mag Compatibility

Discussion in 'General Accessory Discussion' started by BlackJack, Nov 7, 2012.

1. BlackJack

BlackJack New Member

Gettysburg
    Hey all. Which companies have cross compatible mags? Example: Do G&P fit ICS? Can anyone shed some light on this?

2. YoYo-Pete

YoYo-Pete New Member

Ypsilanti
    Most are... Depends on the gun and mag. Like the VFC 416 is a M4 variant but I know the PMAGs dont fit without a slight modification? But others do. It might be easier to ask "Which mags are compatible with ________ gun"

3. BlackJack

BlackJack New Member

Gettysburg
    How about a G&G GR16?

4. YoYo-Pete

YoYo-Pete New Member

Ypsilanti
    I really dont know... I would think any M4/16 compatible mags would work.

If you find a mag you want, you can always e-mail the distributor and ask about compatibility. That's how I found the PMAGs dont work with my 416.

5. BlackJack

BlackJack New Member

Gettysburg
    Good call. Just wondering, cause you never know when it comes to ebay sales.

6. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    I can tell you for a fact that Echo1 Troys do not work with PMags but run perfectly fine with MAG mags.
    VFC work with PMags and MAG mags, may require some tape or felt to keep them pushed forward on some guns
    KWA and PMags dont mix well but MAG mags work fine

7. BlackJack

BlackJack New Member

Gettysburg
    Thanks for the information PP.

8. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    No problem, but the issue with mags is that sometimes one persons gun works with them and others wont.
    I have seen a G&G not take a MAG brand but the exact same gun owned by someone else will work just fine.
    Airsoft is a tricky field and unless you test fit the mags, it can be a gamble.