Magpul G&P Gas Blowback Build

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by Singhsa123, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Singhsa123

Singhsa123 New Member

Brandon
  2. Kmkraft12

Kmkraft12 New Member

Gainesville
    Use a polar star HPA gearbox.

3. Singhsa123

Singhsa123 New Member

Brandon
    I want this to be the result except a ubr stock instead of the ctr.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAFjs-0ifFw[/ame]

4. levirocks

levirocks #FreeNuggy Lifetime Supporter

arlington
    It's a gas rifle... You can't fit an HPA P* FE in there.

5. ChocolateDrop

ChocolateDrop Member

If you can follow an exploded diagram of all the parts in a WA GBBR, there is one on GasGuns.info under the manuals section. It can help you assemble most of the parts, though it does not tell you how to correctly place the auto sear spring in as well as a few other minor stuff.

As for the UBR, any should fit as long as it has the GBBR tube (UBR clone) or if its the GBB version (Magpul PTS). A RS Magpul UBR will fit fine as well.

6. KingCobra

KingCobra New Member

moyock
    i'm thinking bad lever, gas buster charging handle, and you should be ready to rock.

erm...why is it you don't have a GBBR bolt...?

Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
  7. Singhsa123

Singhsa123 New Member

Brandon
    Ok let's pretend I do not have anything on my build, what exactly, part by part, do I need.

8. Singhsa123

Singhsa123 New Member

Brandon
    Can you post a link please. That would be awesome cause I couldn't find it?

9. Sharp

Sharp Member

Waukesha
    -Body w/ charging handle, bolt catch, mag release, etc.
    -BCG (bolt+nozzle)
    -Front End
    -Barrel w/hop up
    -pistol grip
    -Buffertube/stock or just stock depending
    -mags

That's bare minimum and very vague.

IMO piece by piece will be too big of a hassle and your price tag would be very high (well any GBBR pricetag will be). Just get a challenge kit and then get the front end you want later:

Here, comes with step by step instructions on how to assemble.

10. Singhsa123

Singhsa123 New Member

Brandon
    That's what I was originally planning on but with all the extra parts I wanted, the price went up fast. If I assemble it myself, maybe it will be cheaper because I wouldn't be paying for the extra accessories in the set the I wouldn't need.

If there is like a good set consisting of all the internals needed that would be awesome, and a manual that would let me know what all I needed and how to put it together.

11. Sharp

Sharp Member

Waukesha
    This isn't a PC here, you'll pay more by buying piece by piece. Just the Magpul body (without the small parts) and the Defender Front end together are $307 w/o shipping. You still need the BCG, buffer tube, stock, inner barrel, hop up etc.

You're at $307 piece by piece and then you'll be paying a minimum of like $250 to get the rest of that stuff, and that's skimping and buying used and/or lower quality parts. You're realistically looking at something closer to $700 (if not over) total for good parts. Heck, a good RA-tech NPAS BCG (simplest solution for high end BCG) will run you $260+overseas shipping.

Or, from evike w/ coupon the Challenge Kit there is $224+shipping, then tack on the Defender front end and Magpul stock and you're at Over $400 w/o shipping. Over time you'll need to upgrade for parts with a little more longevity. You do need to assemble the kits yourself.

The E-Z solution manuals you're looking for aren't out there, you can get close with some stuff on GGi, but there's no concrete step by step guide be all end all thing. They do have some excellent guides on how to get started and there is a wealth of well informed guys who can give advice for the best parts.

Maybe you should do a little bit more research on your own into what it costs to maintain a GBBR and get it up to speed because no offense, but you don't seem to have done much. If you want a good GBBR, it isn't cheap. You'll be spending a solid wad of cash once you get into upgrading and spending probably more on mags then you would on an average AEG. The UBR will also cost quite a bit.

12. Singhsa123

Singhsa123 New Member

Brandon
    Yea I haven't, I just started looking at gbbrs 2 weeks ago, but I used to want the aegs. So yea I know your right but what is the cheapest and easiest way to make that gbbr in the last youtube video I shared? Identical, even color.

13. Sharp

Sharp Member

Waukesha
    Cheapest and GBBRs don't go together well, it can be cheap, but it won't last. Painting the challenge kit would be the cheapest and then throwing on the defender front end, buying an ACM UBR, a ACM KAC front grip, ACM KAC QD can w/ flashhider, ACM Eotech 552, and a ACM Tango Down pistol grip.

If you built it ground up same applies for accessories but you'd need to buy separate your BCG, mag release, bolt catch, trigger, sears, charging handle, buffertube,etc.. Ground up would cost more.

If you could actually give us a budget I can tell you if you can build it.

14. Singhsa123

Singhsa123 New Member

Brandon
    I could sell the body that comes with the Evike kit on eBay and then buy the

http://www.airsoftsociety.com/exter...-metal-body-black-wp139b-for-airsoft-gun.html

Cause I wanted a vltor upper.
    Would that work?

15. Singhsa123

Singhsa123 New Member

Brandon
    Around $650 I could increase or decrease by $25 to $50.

16. Sharp

Sharp Member

Waukesha
    Yes you could sell it on ebay/here/asf/etc. (if you really want the Vltor that'd be your best option), and $650 is a decent start. Tally up how much it would cost for you to buy the kit, the new body, and however many mags you want, and subtract a rough estimate of your body and we can work from there.

17. Singhsa123

Singhsa123 New Member

Brandon
    4 questions:
    1) what is the highest mag capacity?
    2) which kind should I get? Original or pmag
    3) where should I buy them?
    4) should we private message I stead of filling up the forum?

18. Sharp

Sharp Member

Waukesha
    50rd is what you're gonna see most likely, I actually prefer GHK mags over G&P due to price, but the Pmags could work fine if you liked the look that much (though you could convert real steel pmags). Buying is up to you, usually overseas shops have been stock on GBBRs due to their larger GBBR market over there than in the US.

Feel free to PM me if you want.

19. Singhsa123

Singhsa123 New Member

Brandon