Magpul Massada Internals

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by broadsword, Nov 12, 2012.

1. broadsword

broadsword New Member

New York
    I am considering getting the Magpul PTS Masada and I know that the externals are going to be great (thats obvious) But I want to know is what are its internals like. Ive done some research but its been pretty inconclusive. Mind you this is not the crappy A&K Masada, but the much more expencive one.

2. broadsword

broadsword New Member

New York
    I just want some more information on the internals before i dump alot of money on the gun and have to do upgrades on it. Also, internal builds an me dont go very well together, so i dont want to upgrade alot.

3. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    Well, the trigger is weak, and a mosfet is strongly encouraged to protect it. The stock hop up is poor, the whole hop up assembly is a meh design, how they have everything integrated like they do. The piston and piston head are both bad. Piston will snap, most likely the first thing to die in the gun, and likely long before anything else dies on it.

The rest of the gearbox is decent.

4. broadsword

broadsword New Member

New York
    Yeah a mosfet goes without saying. I know the hopup is a meh design, but its good for me because I play both CQB and field so I need the ability to quickly change barrels and thats the only design that would work. I also like the quick change spring system for the same reason. But the piston and piston is something I didn't know. Can you give me a link to both or a specific brand?

5. GreenListerine

GreenListerine New Member

The magpul Masada has one of the worst internal designs IMO, namely the trigger mechanism. I hate working on them, even though the gun is very simple to disassemble.

6. broadsword

broadsword New Member

New York
    Whats your problem with the trigger? I would think the gearbox is hard to work on because its a version 3 but its modified so its not like your going to have alot of experience with it

7. GreenListerine

The trigger itself isn't the problem, it's the way the trigger and the block come into contact. And the switch is weak, and you can't run an AB FET due to bouncing (not that I would ever recommend one anyway). I happen to have a lot of experience with it. The trigger is not like a v3. It's like a Masada. Proprietary and terrible.

8. broadsword

broadsword New Member

New York
    Well im going to put a mosfet in so it should lessen the afect of the battery on the trigger

9. GreenListerine

I really suggest more research before you spend $500 on a POS.

10. broadsword

broadsword New Member

New York
    your the only person Ive talked to that has a problem with it

11. broadsword

broadsword New Member

New York
    does anybody else have an issue with the Masada's internals?

12. GreenListerine

Go to Airsoft mechanics. Ask there.

13. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Bleh. It's pretty bad in my opinion.

Honestly I would spend my money more on the A&K one. Even though the externals are not "perfectly" awesome. But parts are easier to come by and work with.

Upgrading is a lot easier, and the only different in the Chinese one is the nozzle. Hop up chamber is alright. Weird box design. But eh, it works.

The Magpul one is alright. But I don't think it's worth the price tag. Externals are nice if you want a wall hanger. Or if you're a tech wanting to learn how to work on it.
    For play time, you'd be better off with the A&K version. Or you'll be spending an arm and a leg for fixing up the Magpul version from the moment you use a 7.4v LiPo lol