Magpul Massada or VFC SCAR L

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by broadsword, Oct 5, 2012.

1. broadsword

broadsword New Member

New York
    Have a large budget and i am wondering if I should get the SCAR because it is a familiar system and then upgrade externally and internally or if I should get the Magpul Massada and have less upgrades. Thanks for the help and if you are suggesting something then can it please be a link!?!?!

2. Radar159

Radar159 New Member

Both look to be great guns, I would prefer the Masada, because I recently purchase a A&K Masada, and it was great

3. Scarred

Scarred New Member

I would get the SCAR. VFC makes solid guns.

4. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    They are both great guns. I own them both. Its hard to choose between them. The SCAR is a very nice gun (I would get the tan heavy if i had the chance to do it over) but I go back and forth on each of them. I cant determine if I like one more than the other because they both are great.
    Youll be happy with either one so base it on looks because they are both great internal and external

5. broadsword

broadsword New Member

New York
    Ok thanks but one last question, what are the internals used for Magpul Massada. This is not the A&K massada

6. broadsword

broadsword New Member

New York
    I am choosing the light because it takes STANTAG mags. But why would you say heavy?

7. Protectionperfection

Worcester
    I like the look of the heavy better. The light is good because its easy for mags...

8. broadsword

broadsword New Member

New York
    Ok thanks. Which would u prefer for an adaptive roll. As in cqb and field? The scar ha a folding stick but the massada has interchangeable barrels

9. Protectionperfection

Worcester
    eh i hardly used the folding stock and the length of the masada even with the regular barrel isnt too big. I use them both full stock and factory length barrel for field and CQB. I love my Masada though just because of how it looks

10. broadsword

broadsword New Member

New York
    Yeah its got the whole magpul furniture. But how about the internals?

11. Protectionperfection

Worcester
    internals are fine. Just dont use a 11.1 25c and blow your piston and crack your gearbox like i did... use a 7.4 and youll be all set.

12. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    They are both stupid guns. (blame the two companies that make them)
    VFC SCAR is just a pita to work on, and the stupid nozzle/hop is nearly impossible to get a perfect seal.

Masada's hop is not much better, and ARES has that stupid proprietary gear box that cracks easily.

I'd get the Masada and modify it to fit a V2 in there.

13. broadsword

broadsword New Member

New York
    Dose the massada take lipo?

14. Protectionperfection

Worcester
    all guns take a 7.4 lipo. its equal to a 9.6
    Dont listen to EDI. My VFC SCARs, both the Light and the SSR had perfect airseals and have a standard V2 gearbox. just has an elongated air nozzle... the Masada is a hybrid V2 gearbox in that the air nozzle is elongated and the motor is caged. other than that they are standard V2. Parts are easy to find and cheap. neither one is hard to work on and the Gearboxes come out with ease. The PTS Masada has the Ares quick change spring system as well

15. Finalencounter

Finalencounter Duke of Penguins Supporting Member

Warrenton
    Whats the difference between the heavy and light?
    I have the VFC SCAR-L and I love it, very solid, nice externals, quality internals. Pretty accurate, nice ROF.

16. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Wow, just wow.....
    Perfect air seal where to where?
    Or do I really have to pull up that Mystikal thing again?

Tell me ARES GB is cheap and easy to find.

17. soticman

soticman I like Koch Supporting Member

Just a quick warning: the wiring in the stock for the VFC Scar L sucks. You could rewire it on your own but that would take time. I personally own the PTS Masada, its is awesome externally, the internals are pretty good but proprietary, and the hop up sucks.

18. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    And you can barely fit a MOSFET in the SCAR.....

For Masada....get a MOSFET right away...and make sure it doesn't fail.
    Microswitch trigger burns out, have fun.

19. joM4

joM4 New Member

Vfc bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb b

20. broadsword

broadsword New Member

New York
    Ok so I'm probably gonna get the massada and a MOSFET and get a holo. Then probobly a new hopup