Magpul PTS AK or A&K magpul masada?

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by bossairsoft, Jul 22, 2012.

1. bossairsoft

bossairsoft New Member

It has been over a week that I have been looking at these guns and still can't decide. But there's more to it than just the gun that's making it hard to decide. I have 475$ to spend, but I plan on buying a batterie,flashlight attachment,angled for grip, and a holographic sight. ( the Ak is 400$ and the Masada is 266$ ) If I buy the Masada I can get every thing I want with it right away but if I get the ak I won't be able to buy any thing till a long time. I also would have to buy more clips for the ak because my last gun was a m4. So what do you guys think I should do? Oh and by the way I play at a outdoor cqb feild.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
  2. armsofglory

armsofglory New Member

I would take the AK and use the rest for accessories. If you could upgrade the Masada then id take that.

3. bossairsoft

bossairsoft New Member

What would you upgrade on the Masada?

4. Arekkusu723

Arekkusu723 Active Member

Statesville
    I would get the AK. It's overall a better stock gun than the A&K Masada.

5. armsofglory

armsofglory New Member

Spring, bushing, motor, gears, piston, and hop up. And I would ask someone else. This list isn't exactly all you need to upgrade. This is just a start.

And arek, yes obviously. They are a 250$ difference in price.

6. levirocks

levirocks #FreeNuggy Lifetime Supporter

arlington
    Good job guys by posting from experience. I'm sure your experiences with the AK were superb.

7. Jacgren

Jacgren Member

Katonah
    I have the AK. I got it from eHobbyAsia, and I opened it up and there is a G&P gearbox inside. Not bad for a $316 gun...

8. deathmechanic

deathmechanic Active Member

Davis
    The Beta Project AK uses a CYMA gearbox. Sadly I cannot confirm or deny which model number the gearbox is. Seems to be that most AKs that use CYMA boxes run the mid number boxes such as all the higher end LCT replicas. So I expect to see a 7mm bushing box in the AK. This is also based on other posts I have read from owners of the guns non of this is personal experience.

The A&Ks MASADA internals are also meh. Ive never used or worked on one, but G&P used the A&K masada to make their own. Which leads me to believe it takes a standard V2 GB with some bad/proprietary hopup and airnozzle design.

Either way they are not good direct out of the box. Both need a lot of work to get running to optimal performance. You are basically paying for the magpul price tag. Seeing as how the Beta Project has a real CTR thats part or your major price hike right there.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
  9. Adman234

Adman234 Active Member

Wildwood
    Yeah, the hawaian guy has one of those beta projects, and it had an 02c gearbox, like in the 048 models, like DM said.

10. bossairsoft

bossairsoft New Member

So which one do you say I should get?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2012
  11. deathmechanic

Davis
    Its really up to you. What body style do you like more? Which features do you like more? Either way they will need work unless your gunna run it till it breaks and sell it or then fix it.

Myself personally I'd get the AK but thats cause I had a build I wanted todo.

Its all up to you though. Good luck with your decision.

12. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    I've seen some A&K Masadas shine and some crap out. A lot of people love em, but you need to treat it right. My friend had one and the thing is falling apart, while other people have had great experiences. I have no experience with that AK.

13. Jacgren

Jacgren Member

Katonah
    I have heard that it uses a CYMA GB, but I opened up mine and there is a G&P GB..

14. deathmechanic

Davis
    As I said earlier I have zilch experience with this replica. After further rummaging through a lot of reviews and people talking about this replica a G&P gearbox does not seems to be specified in any such way.

Only way I think that GB wound up in your replica is the replica being DOA, so ehobby switched it out with a cheap alternative GB that would still perform. I still question that GB being in there, but yet again its your replica not mine so I won't argue. :)

15. Arekkusu723

Arekkusu723 Active Member

Statesville
    Really? The OP was asking for our opinions, so I gave him mine.

16. Carnotix

Carnotix New Member

Go for the ak. its externals are better than any AK ever made. If you want a masada get the PTS version.

17. Jacgren

Jacgren Member

Katonah
    I agree, I do find it a bit odd that mine doesn't have the typical CYMA gearbox, nor does it have tamiya connectors. But I'm perfectly fine with getting an AK with a G&P gearbox. :)

18. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    Maybe they screwed up and gave you a the wrong gearbox lol. That would be the best screw up ever!

19. whatareyoubuyen

whatareyoubuyen New Member

Los Angeles
    A huge fan of the ACR! :p

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRFFQxMeSTU[/ame]