Magpul PTS Masada wires getting hot, really quick.

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by Kolby, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Kolby

Kolby Member

Mt. Pleasant
    I'm having a bit of an issue with my Masada, As you can tell by the title of this thread, My wires get hot after firing about 10-15 shots. Not just the the wires but the battery, connectors, And motor/grip. I was wondering what the problem may be, And what I can do to fix it. An answer would be extremely appreciated, If I left anything out, let me know. I've checked for pinched and split wires and I don't see any..

2. theboss62

theboss62 New Member

Chattanooga
    Have you replaced them? If not I would think about getting a thicker gauge wire and a mosfet. I try and get both on every gun I have

3. dmrwolf

dmrwolf New Member

virginia beach
    Put a different motor in it if you can and see if the problem occurs. If it still happens it the wires and or the battery. If it doesn't happen with the other mtotr, replace the motor. Id reccomend a high torque, but I don't know your setup.

4. Seyo

Seyo New Member

Behind you
    Are you a member of team Scimitar?

What battery are you using?

5. averageairsofter

averageairsofter New Member

Menifee
    I'm 95% sure that it is the wiring. This exact same issue has happened to me before it is caused by having thin wiring thay wears out fast. How thick is the stock wiring? I would reccommend that you replace it with 14 gauge wire, that stuff lasts a long time and I use it in all my guns.

6. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Well, there could be a number of things wrong. Let's start off with the most basic, too much load on your motor. This could be caused by a number of things, but most commonly too tight of a shim job or too heavy of a spring.

Another possibility is too powerful of a battery for your gun's electrical parts. What gauge wire are you using? If it's the stock wiring (18AWG), there's a ton of resistance in them. Tamiyas only add to the problem as well. Try replacing the wires with thicker wires, and getting some deans plugs. It'll help reduce resistance causing less heat.

There could be nothing wrong at all, as well. Electricity often causes heat. Your motor is going to get hot as it has brushes and lots of moving parts with friction.

7. FSTK

FSTK Member

My bet's on battery. I see this with people who run RC LiPos in their AEGs and don't check the C rating. Too much voltage being drawn for the gauge size is a sure sign of too much voltage. 10-15 shots sounds like someone firing at burst. LiPos have different C ratings for continuous fire, and burst.