maintenance

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by LACairsofter, Dec 10, 2012.

1. LACairsofter

LACairsofter New Member

I have just purchased a ASG AUG A1 and I need to know how to maintain it and how to slightly lower the fps from 370 to 350 because even though were I go it is outside they have a fps limit of 350. So can anyone help me?

2. averageairsofter

averageairsofter New Member

Menifee
    To lower the fps either change the spring or short stroke it.

3. LACairsofter

LACairsofter New Member

How do you do that? If you don't want to explain it it's ok just give me a link to some instructions.

4. averageairsofter

Menifee
    Please do a little searching on the forums, or google, or youtube, or SOMWHERE. There are plenty of video guides on youtube just search "how to change the spring on an aeg" and then "how to shortstroke an aeg".

5. Rusty34

Rusty34 New Member

Corneria
    This is your homework:

Go on youtube and look up "TM AUG Disassembly." Then "Version 3 Gearbox disassembly."

Study those videos to the point you can do what they did blindfolded.

Get a new spring (M120 is good for that gun) and replace the spring

Profit.

6. averageairsofter

Menifee
    He will want an M100 because he's trying to get it under 350.

7. Rusty34

Rusty34 New Member

Corneria
    Close enough.

(20 characters)

8. LACairsofter

LACairsofter New Member

Thanks but can you please decide if m100 or m120 :)

9. averageairsofter

Menifee
    M100 will get you around 330 fps and M120 will be about 400 fps. I believe the stock spring is an m110 which should be 365 fps.

10. bal1

bal1 New Member

I'm getting 360 with an m100, I'm not sure that 330 is correct,I very well may be wrong though.

11. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

If you're getting 360 with an m100 and you need 350-, take a tooth off the sector gear and piston; and try that. Read up a little for more exact instructions.

12. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    Not really... If FPS didn't matter then sure but when someone NEEDS to be under or at the limits you have to buy the correct spring.

Also each gun is different so while you might be getting 360 with a m100 in your gun doesn't mean the next person will. Compression / shimming / AOE / & other parts also play a role in FPS. A simple tear down / good rebuild can yield an FPS increase of up to 50. This is without any new parts.

As far as maintaining the AEG all you should do is clean the barrel after you play. A simple search on this forum / youtube / google / etc will show you how.
    http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f37/basic-aeg-maintenance-care-7011/

Back to lowering the FPS, Gearbox work can be tricky. I suggest watching lots of youtube videos and reading some of the posts on here about how to strip down & rebuild the gun & gearbox. This way you have an idea of what you are getting into. By all means if you don't feel comfortable doing the work yourself take it to a local shop and have them do it. I know some members on here can also fix / lower the fps for you but it would require you to ship it to them.

Lastly just browse through the
    - Begginers section stickies
    - Gun modification section

This should answer a lot of questions you have.

13. bal1

bal1 New Member

I only said that because my gun is completely stock exempt for a tight bore and a turbo 3000 motor, so I was kinda confused on your ratings.