Airsoft Forum banner

makeing a ghillie suit

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Airsoftmaster 
#1 ·
so... im makeing a ghillie suit and i was wondering would ith help to add some artificial leaves ferns and branches??? any other ideas to improve it?

#2 ·
use real vegitation it will match the enviorment way better than fake ones
and keeping the front clean from the jute and stuff will work better if your lying down alot

#4 ·
i under stand that but just add artificial plants inaddition to jute... it would require less preperation before wars
oh ok well that will work just make sure you get the right colors:D

#5 ·
The import part is to make it not look like what it is. A ghillie suit. A man in a ghillie suit is a target. A bush is not xD lol sum army surplus stores sell them fer round 120 bucks or so online that r decent. U can buy that base suit (theirs r just fatigues that have been altered for attaching brush) and add ur regioons local veggies. always add dead stuff to them though once u get to ur airsoft arena/field/ backyard. And beware, if u add a ton of fabric only itll get hot. Might be good if ur up north i guess.
^
l
My 2 cents.

#6 ·
ghillie suits

well i just recently finished making my new ghillie suit. and i agree with everyone else that you need to use vegitation from the field you are playing in. and adding artifical stuff will make it super hot. But i live up north, so it works. but remember that you are a sniper. and you need to think of how you move, so buying a hunting ghillie might not be that great cause crawling will most likely destroy it.

I personally think you should make it yourself. I used old army netting. it worked great. Good Luck on the suit.

#7 ·
Sometimes we get people telling us that there is not enough material on our suits. I tell them that the suit is not suppose to make you look like a green gorilla. For some reason, whenever we sell a kit to someone and they send us pictures of it, they look like Chewbacca. Make sure its random and not just tie knots in a straight line across the netting. It is suppose to have bare patches and different densities to give you depth. It needs to look 3D and the depth gives you shadows and dark patches which helps you blend into the surroundings more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.