Making a legit airsoft field?

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by Southpawlegend, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Southpawlegend

Southpawlegend New Member

Salisbury
    How would I even begin to do this?

2. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    Well, for starters to have to own land. Do you own land?

3. Southpawlegend

Salisbury
    I could own land. I need to know what I need to do before I start doing it because I don't wanna go in not knowing anything an be shut down

4. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    you dont have to own land. You can lease land...
    Your first bet is to scout your local area for land that is big enough for what you want to do. CQB is easier than Field but it costs more. 21,000 sq ft is a small CQB place for example.
    If you find land that suits yoru needs, talk to that towns Police and town hall and see if they would even allow you to build a field.
    If they say you, you need to talk to insurance companies and get that squared away. Then you need to talk to the zoning boards to have people come out and mark off your property lines and your do/do not build areas. You have to abide by all of your local and national laws.
    you have to have a business license and money. a bank loan helps
    If you provide any type of service like teching or sales of any food you need licenses for those as well...
    Thats not even getting into the actual business side of it, so if your still interested, PM me an we can get more into detail possible.
    First you have to answer 1 question, how old are you?

5. Southpawlegend

Salisbury
    I'm 19, my girlfriends father is president of the Hebron savings bank. So getting a loan should be relatively easy. I know it won't be easy but I have no competition so that's a plus.

6. Southpawlegend

Salisbury
    It may have to be part paintball to bring in extra money. And are there sponsers for this kind of thing? I was also looking into Marylands recreation department see If they would help in any way

I know what your thinking dumb kid blah but I'm willing to commit everything I have to this

7. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    marry your girlfriend. then you won't need a loan. finances are solved.
    now for the field: before you start, is there a demand or market for it? if you want it to succeed, do you have a plan to advertise it or create a demand for it (such as holding free exhibitions at malls, etc..).

protectionperfect already mentioned what's needed to start it up. just remember that weather conditions affects turn outs. indoor cqb cost more, but it also draws in more players because of the weather.

8. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    you have a PM. There are companies that may help you once you get started or if you can show that you have a big community for the sports. for paintball, Dye is a big on that likes to help and Tippman...
    Airsoft wise, look into Airsoftpark.com for huge discounts for business...
    You have to be established first usually...

9. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    learn chinese and visit the manufacturers. grease them up with some bribe money and you can get bulk products for cheap. use that land and build a warehouse. you should become a millionaire in about 5 years. (a friend of mine became a millionaire in two years, but the feds busted him. he's out of prison now but still lives the good life in miami).

^^ that's what i would do if i married a rich chicka...

but be aware, you may get in contact with the chinese mafia. they want u.s. small businesses to launder their money (hint: asian dollar stores).

10. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    alex knows the way to go! Marry your girlfriend and then you two can run the business together.

Its not using her if you actually love her. But marrying her sooner than later will speed up the process of you having an airsoft field.

Although paintball will bring in more customers, know that airsofts will have to play on the same paint covered field. Yes, it will bring in more money, but it will not look half as appealing if you let paintballers run around on it.

11. Southpawlegend

Salisbury
    I do love her and I'm not really sure yet about paint ball that's a last resort

12. Southpawlegend

Salisbury
    Where exactly do you get a license for teching?

13. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    no... license... required... LoL
    the state does not recognize it as a profession.

14. Southpawlegend

Salisbury
    Thought so just spent like an hr buried in websites looking for it -.-

15. Joshpeck

Joshpeck New Member

Eau Claire
    Just a personal preference about fields for me. I don't like. Fields that are pretty far away from Aaron high way and then I have to go through back roads and junk. Also have a good variety if you have an outdoor field.

16. Southpawlegend

Salisbury
    Aaron highway what?

It wouldn't be far off the road but it would be close to the highway. Especially the outdoors I may have cqb building in front and behind that would be the outdoor field that would have old buildings/forts etc etc

@perfection what would you think to use for decent rental guns / equipment trying to draw up a semi kind of business plan here till I find some land that I'm considerably interested in. And what would be the benifits/cons of ownin the land vs. leasing it.

17. THE_ELIMANATOR

THE_ELIMANATOR New Member

Hebron
    If you lease the land normaly people come to the issue that the leasersvwant them to use bio bbs or that the rental agreement is just junk. Also renting can be bad because they can decide they just don't want you thier anymore.

18. Joshpeck

Joshpeck New Member

Eau Claire
    I guess my iPhone auto corrected or something ... As for the rentals I would get cheap chest rigs for people to use or old military load bearing vests seeing as those a cheap. Then just get some decent guns. But I would offer loadouts for people to rent I think that would be cool. I think weaponblender.com offers some affordable gear.

19. Flocktime

Flocktime New Member

NukeTown
    I just laughed for about 5 minutes about this. License lol what license? Your average airsoft field insurance plan is $1 million. That's why waivers are so important. Tried a new field but your parent has to be there to sign and they weren't. No exceptions. Get your some cheap JGs, ICS sportlines, KAs and some good quality battle belts as rented gear.

20. Southpawlegend

Salisbury
    Uff 1million dollars that won't be cheap... Who the hell messes them self up that bad in airsoft??