Making a stock sniper pro

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by bbattlefield, Oct 7, 2012.

1. bbattlefield

bbattlefield New Member

Hello, after many hours, I've been able to get my stock TSD700 to shoot amazingly accurate. This is a simple guide for beginners to make your sniper shoot much better (accuracy, distance) for absolutely free.
    >First, take the stock off your gun. Then remove the mechbox from the receiver. Pull the bolt out of the gun. Unscrew the air nozzle from the cylinder. Take a paper towel and clean all of the grease from the piston, spring, and spring guide. Run a rag inside the cylinder also. When you put it back together, it should be shiny like this.

image-1539018835.jpg

Next, get a dremel tool

image-4178745284.jpg

And barely round the inside of the air nozzle to better accommodate a seal to the bb. Then use a polishing tool (optional) to clean up the edges. Your goal is to make the bb sit firmly on the air nozzle without any gaps. This also allows more contact with air nozzle and the BB. Be carful not to grind too far or you might make the BB not seat properly when it is in the hop up.

image-3019809567.jpg

image-918359713.jpg

Reassemble the bolt. Next take out the inner barrel and secure the barrel shims with tape. Also put tape around the barrel where the shim goes over it to make it a tighter fit. I put tape to make the barrel securely fit into the orange tip also.

image-3399532016.jpg

Reassemble the gun. That's it!

My Results

8 shots, the first 3 were adjusting my new scope. Shots made at 2" dia target at 50'. I was using crossman .20 bbs. (All I had at the moment)

image-3498873208.jpg

The gun

image-2017190321.jpg

Thanks for reading! I will post updated results with better bbs and at longer ranges later. Let me know on any questions or comments!

2. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    Did you regrease the piston and the inside of the cylinder again? If not, prepare yourself to buy new seals soon.

3. bbattlefield

bbattlefield New Member

Yes. I forgot to mention that thank you. I lightly sprayed some silicone oil on the seals and a little on the spring.

4. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    That is way too little. Use lithium AEG grease.