Marui Tracer Unit, Madbull 3-in-1 hop up or JG clone

Discussion in 'General Accessory Discussion' started by bonnax, Nov 1, 2012.

1. bonnax

bonnax New Member

London
    I'm looking at getting a tracer unit (for either a G&P or VFC m4) and I'm not sure what to get. I know I don't want a G&G or a Madbull blackside because they are too long and heavy.

There are 3 things making me unsure:

1. The JG is much cheaper ($45)
    2. The Madbull 3 in 1 is internal (is the madbull hop up better than the stock G&P or VFC?)
    3. The TM is said to be the best

Any ideas on which one I should get? It'll mainly be used in blackout cqb games and the rare nigth game.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  2. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    if its a VFC the madbull hopup may not fit without modification. VFC uses proprietary hopups... it will work fine in the G&P though. The Madbull tracer is internal and you dont need an external addition or special mag. It will not add much in way of weight or size and is all internal. I would choose that but again you may need to modify it slightly for the VFC, or you may not it really depends. The modification would be simple anyway, a little sanding is all
    If you dont mind the external, the TM is the best one yes, it will last the longest, its the most durable and looks the best, but to me its not worth the price. JBU, JG and other companies have them as well and they are all ok

3. bonnax

bonnax New Member

London
    Thank you Protectionperfection. I've decided on the G&P so now it's really down to whether the Madbull hop up is better than the stock G&P one, or not. If it's better then I'll go with it, save space and weight. What do you think? G&P unit vs. Madbull unit..

4. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    I own a JG Tracer unit and it works great. Can't say how it compares to a hop-up unit.
    However if you do go with the hop-up unit you could make one urself if you wanted to save a little money.

5. bonnax

bonnax New Member

London
    What's the build quality and weight like? Just don't want to end up with a front heavy gun..

How would I go about doing that?

Any insight on the quality and effectiveness of the Madbull hop would be great!