Maruzen APS2 Carrot stock

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by madashell, Jan 2, 2013.

1. madashell

madashell New Member

Bradenton
    I was wondering if anyone else has seen one before? (Here is a pic: http://www.wgcshop.com/WGC_Shop/images/ct_st-orca_od.jpg ). I don't airsoft anymore, but got into it back in 2000. I think I have owned 3 different Aps2's and finally got this stock in 2009 even though I had stopped playing by then. I plan to sell my gear soon, but wanted to know how rare it is. I did a quick google search and found a few people that have sold them in the past but the posts are sometimes years old.

2. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    They are rare, but the price doesn't jump up because of that.

Depreciation still exist in this case.

3. madashell

madashell New Member

Bradenton
    I guess i am finding that due to the flood of cheap airsoft sniper rifles everyone expects the price of a sniper rifle to be cheap. But, when you have an APS2 that the only thing left stock on it is the receiver and outer barrel, and it has over $1k in upgrades/parts, is it really too much to ask for half of that? I don't expect to recoup all of the money put into the gun, but in the past I had sold fully modified APS2's for $600+ dollars. It seems like now everyone expects to pay $200 dollars for a gun.
    The times, they be a changing.

4. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Pierce County
    Welcome to reality.
    The sad thing is nobody cares what you have done to a gun, especially if they don't have an opportunity to see it for them selves in action.
    Upgraded internals are next to impossible to prove, and due to the flood of cheap ACM BASRs, the sniping world has been taken over by low budget rookies who don't know the true performance of a properly upgraded and tuned rifle.
    The true craftsmen are a rare breed these days...

Also, we have a thread for helping to establish value for items you are looking to sell:

http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forum...ow-how-much-your-item-s-worth-post-here-8131/

It will help you see what the resale value of your item(s) would be in todays market.
    It's by no means scientific. More to see which direction the wind is currently blowing amongst members....

5. Shadowex3

Shadowex3 New Member

It's more than just that, technology has moved on since the days when AEGs just weren't capable of what BASRs were.

6. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Uh no. Just no

Technology has pretty much stayed the same for AEG

However to buy a sniper rifle and fully upgrading it will only run you around 600 to 800 and that's with PDI/Laylax parts

At that price range, you can build are ally nice DMR
    Which is the reason why the resale value ratio for spring rifles are always a lot lower.

7. madashell

madashell New Member

Bradenton
    The only trend I have seen with AEG's is the increase in stock FPS.

Personally, I think think the feeling of taking a really well timed/aimed shot with a bolt action far outweighs a shot with any semi auto.

Thanks sparky for the link, but I did a quick search for APS and Maruzen and got zero results on there.

8. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Implying you have to fire rapidly with a semi-auto DMR

I suggest you to not sell the rifle since you pretty much already have a price range setup that's above the market value.

9. Shadowex3

Shadowex3 New Member

You're absolutely right, nothing's changed since the dawn of hopups. It's not like there's much better quality parts available now that can make a solidly built DMR easily competitive with a BASR in range and accuracy.